exporting

leemh

what happens when i sell my R to some1 out of the country(germany)what parts do they need to take with them and what parts do i need to keep????

HELP got 2 hours to sort it out...:doh:

pulsar craig

just fill out section 11 of your v5 and send it back to dvla along with the new keeper details, the buyer will have to apply for a new logbook when he registers it in germany

pulsar craig

well yeh what else would need doing, tell them of the new owner and that its being exported, thats all you need to do, its the new owners responsibilty then

leemh

Aint sold yet matt he's viewing itand if it is how i described then he's gonna go for 22

Joni

Aint sold yet matt he's viewing itand if it is how i described then he's gonna go for 22

HI! I suppose you sold the car to the german guy. Do you know if he got some sort of insurance to the car while driving in UK or how does it all go? I'm currently importing a car from UK, but we have a shipper that is able to pic up the car from my friend.

But in future, if i come there...what should i do? can i get some sort of insurance so i can drive the car to the port or what?

Thanks!

JONI

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah I'm pretty sure that European cover is in most policies, but if not you can probably have them give it to you for a short while for a little extra on the premium that month.
I would have thought that the requirement is to have a car that it legal in your home country, and not as if it was registered here. - It's not like they can check with DVLA on a car registered in Finland!

astarozna

Simple as that, I did it in 03. Not sure how to get log book if you don't have address in uk, where will they send it?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm guessing that if it's registered in the UK, but you're living elsewhere in Europe, they'll just mail it to your European address.
I still get the registration renewal for my Skyline which my dad is looking after in Australia... I even get his speeding tickets sent to me, but I don't pay because it quite obviously wasn't me driving.
They just might not be very quick about it... or rather, even slower than they usually are.