F.A.O. Those that have 400+ bhp

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
What turbo do you have and what are it's spec's, also what boost do you run to achieve the power.

ChrisS

Turbonetics T3/T4 hybrid with a "Stage 5" turbine wheel. This is a 76 trim 72 mm turbine wheel in the .82 A/R turbine housing. Compressor, a 60
trim T-04E in the 'standard' Turbonetics T-04E compressor housing.

Also has the roller bearing option. Running 1.6 bar this gives me 348 bhp ATW and 400lb of torque.

Turbo gets positive boost from about 2000rpm, doesnt really get going till 4500 ish but im then hitting full boost at 4800/5000rpm and thats on a 2.2 stroker.

O

Odin

This is my turbo spec.

JGYBB37R - TO4B Compressor housing with 56 trim T04S compressor wheel. 55lbs/min air flow. .86 AR T2 exhaust housing with 84 trim GT30 turbine wheel. Internal Wastegate.

This turbo made 386bhp and 345LB's at 1.3 bar last time I had it mapped.

Rob

ashills

first i used smaller turbo than robs the
bb37 and did 400bhp at 1.3 bar
then changed to 3071 and did approx 450 at 1.6 bar

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Alan

is that the 3071 or the 3071r (same as Stu's) also what size turbine housing and does it run 100% OK at 1.6 bar

ashills

it is same as stu's
mine was first and stu's was a copy for ginga originally
from memory ot had the 64 housing and we ran upto 1.7-8 bar spiking but held 1.6 all seemed fine very fast spooling turbo im sure its teh way turbo dynamics build them as ive been in cars with 2871's from usa etc and they dont seem to spool as fast

O

Odin

Gray said:
Any of you guys running standard internals?

Yes I am :wink: .

I'm also running 1.5 bar now which should be giving me over 400bhp now :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Gray

Thats good to know V, mines getting mapped to 1.3 bar in a week or so on standard turbo for now til I can scrape some pennies together for an uprated turbo and Maf.

What injectors are you using V and what fuel management.

I'm gonna be using 550's and Emanage at 1.3.

O

Odin

Gray said:

I'm using 740cc injectors fella and I have a motec m48 pro ECU :wink: .

Rob

G

GTiR Jon

Gray said:
Thats good to know V, mines getting mapped to 1.3 bar in a week or so on standard turbo for now til I can scrape some pennies together for an uprated turbo and Maf.

I'm gonna be using 550's and Emanage at 1.3.
If you are getting it mapped at HyperSR im not sure they will be happy about setting the boost at 1.3! They only put mine at 1.2 (on a hybrid) and said unless i got the sensor to go with the e-manage it would be overfueling if you turn your boost down during the week!
Though if you intend to leave boost at 1.3 it may not be a problem though im not sure how long your tubby will last!?

Gray

These Hyper SR guys get better and better lol
How much is this sensor. Might have to just be 1.2 then. I wanted to be able to go from 0.8 with the controller off 1 bar with it low and 1.3 high

Im so confused now - i hate tuners

G

GTiR Jon

:lol: They are good lads though. They could just stick it at 1.3 say nowt and let you kill your engine then get the job of a rebuild :wink:
I wanted 1 bar for everyday and 1.3 for the track but they can only set 1 map for the fuel without the sensor and therefore if it is at 1.3 it'll overfuel too much at 1 bar. They probably have the sensor as they are Greddy dealers. Not sure on the price though :?
I was wanting pretty much the same work and outcome as you but only found out these problems on the day :eek:
Luckily i had my lasses bank card for the extra wedge too :lol: :oops:

O

Odin

JIMMYBACK said:
cheers rob :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: ill get back to dream land then :roll: :oops: :cry:
Well the question was what do you think of the turbo's you are using I believe :wink: .

And seeing as your still in the "I'm dreaming of having an R that works" stage I don't think you'd have anything useful to contribute do you :roll: .

Rob

Gray

GTiR Jon said:
:lol: They are good lads though. They could just stick it at 1.3 say nowt and let you kill your engine then get the job of a rebuild :wink:
I wanted 1 bar for everyday and 1.3 for the track but they can only set 1 map for the fuel without the sensor and therefore if it is at 1.3 it'll overfuel too much at 1 bar. They probably have the sensor as they are Greddy dealers. Not sure on the price though :?
I was wanting pretty much the same work and outcome as you but only found out these problems on the day :eek:
Luckily i had my lasses bank card for the extra wedge too :lol: :oops:
Hyper SR said:
You can map against Hot wire voltage so it will work fine for all boost
settings, though if you are running a stock AFM, which I assume you are, it
will be on the upper limits of it.

Jobi Joba

used to run HKS GTRS with approx 1.6 bar boost. Estimated power: 430bhp (proven quarter mile of 11.507 @ 125mph...with a slow 1.8s for the 60ft time). Spools up quite fast, had full boost as soon as 3,600rpm in 4th gear and the car was really pushing very hard from 4,000rpm.

Now run a GT3071R from ATP Turbo with 0.84 A/R turbine housing. Full boost in 4th gear: approx 4,000rpm. But when I hit 4,700rpm something really strange happens: the car just takes off!!! And the thrust is really impressive up to the rev limiter (8,400rpm). At the mo' I only run 1.5bar and I guess I have arround 450-460bhp. Will be running 2bar boost soon to reach 500bhp with proper tuning.

The GTRS was more progressive: the 3071R is a little bit more on/off. But when it's on, "oh my goooooooood!!! :twisted: "
Example: yesterday, shiny and dry weather, in gear launch in 1st: when I hit 4,800rpm I lost traction on all my wheels!! (205/45/16 Dunlop SP9000) First time ever I totally lose traction in an in gear launch on dry road with my R! So gooooooooood!!