Fadanza Flywheel

GTiR_Mic

Does anyone know how much you would pay for a Fadanza flywheel for the R?

I was planing on getting the RPS clutch and flywheel package but wanted to see how much a Fadanza is on it's own.

Mic

Mark N

I'd would go for the Fidanza one anyway mate. The RPS packaged flywheel you have to make the holes bigger, so it means sending it off to a engineer. Depending what power you have a Helix and Fidanza is fine. And I'd only get a lightened flywheel if you were balancing it with the crank.

GTiR_Mic

I would say I am pushing over 350bhp at the moment. Didn't manage to check as the gearbox/clutch went :lol:

The RPS package is £665.00 delivered, the clutch alone is about £350.00.

Where can I get a Fadnza flywheel then and how much do i expect to pay?

Mic

Mark N

When i phoned for that package the guy told me that he didn't have any of the RPS flywheels in stock but he had fidanzas. He said that the RPS ones where better but you had to drill the holes to make them bigger, think there for 200sx.
I'm running around that power and I have (people will slate me for this) Excedy organic and a lightened standard flywheel and have no problems what so ever. My last car was a cosworth and the only difference i noticed about a lightened flywheel was when it was balenced with the crank.
Anyway answer to your question he told me he'd do me a fidanza in the package to!

GTiR_Mic

He never said anything to me about drilling it, it says on the site that it is for 200sx and the Pulsar.

Mic

Mark N

I'd ask him mate. This was brought up a few months ago when i was after one. I few people on here said they had no problems fitting them but other people had couldn't get them on without making the holes bigger.

D

danmo

srb power do the flywheel also there is a place called mardigras motorsport or something like that, theyy sell them and might be cheaper than srb.
srb used to do them for £300.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Mark N said:
I'd ask him mate. This was brought up a few months ago when i was after one. I few people on here said they had no problems fitting them but other people had couldn't get them on without making the holes bigger.
Only because the mechanic didn't tell them they bodged it to make it fit so it was easy. Unless they've changed the design in the last 6 months, the RPS flywheel needs to be re-engineered. I posted up at the time the problems I had.

Mark N

When you get the flywheel it won't be balanced for you car anyway. You have to send the engine and flywheel away to be balanced together, they balance it with the crank. IMO when changing the clutch its worth just lightening the standard flywheel, unless your build a monster engine! :)

O

Odin

Mark N said:
. IMO when changing the clutch its worth just lightening the standard flywheel, unless your build a monster engine! :)

Thats all I did on mine, And it's been perfect for 2 years :thumbsup: .

Rob

Shaun

Mark N said:
When you get the flywheel it won't be balanced for you car anyway.
Didnt say that anyway,but most flywheels are balanced to zero,kind of like your wheels,they are not balanced for your car either but unless you balance them you get vibration at speed.Also whil i think about it iirc there is a disclaimer on the fidanza website stating their flywheels arnt balanced.

youngsyp

I agree with Shaun, you would have to balance each component seperately as, they all have different resonances. The crank would be balanced to '0' vibration, or what ever the measurment would be. Then the flywheel would have to be balanced to the same degree, to eliminate vibration. Then, providing the fit between the crank and flywheel is correct and true, you would'nt need to balance them further.
By balancing 1 component at a time, you're just reducing that parts contribution to vibration. Balancing just the flywheel would have a noticable effect on the overall feel of the engine, making it smoother in operation. However, that choice is a mutually exclusive one so, it doesn't necessitate the balancing of every other part !
Anyway you would definitely notice the difference a lightened flywheel would make to the engine response, regardless of whether it was balanced or not !

geetee

Fidanza do (or maybe did) a Pulsar specific flywheel. The one I got from SRB with my RPS clutch did not need drilling. Although that's nearly 2 years ago.

Still got the part code somewhere. If anyone cares I'll brave the spiders in the garage and post it up.

Cheers
Graham

JIMMYBACK

geetee said:
Fidanza do (or maybe did) a Pulsar specific flywheel. The one I got from SRB with my RPS clutch did not need drilling. Although that's nearly 2 years ago.

Still got the part code somewhere. If anyone cares I'll brave the spiders in the garage and post it up.

Cheers
Graham
yer please do that matey:thumbsup:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
The Fidanza Flywheel is for the 200SX... They are just need to have the bolt holes widened slightly... The actual clutch will be fine...

You can actually use the 200SX clutch kits with the GTiR.. You just need to mod the flywheel slightly... Its a very simple and cheap job for any decent machine shop...

You should all know this by now...

Rishi