Fan not working on 1, 2 and 3 setting

J

Jonny H

Hi guys, my fan doesnt work on settings 1, 2 and 3 but does on 4 :? any ideas?
Regards
Jon

A

Anonymous

think it`s just a variable resistor that goes tits up.never done 1 so don`t know how difficult/easy/expensive it is to do :cry:

A

Anonymous

Hi, mine is the same. From what i have read, it is the resistor on the blower fan. The circuits to make settings 1,2 + 3 work are on the resistor that needs replaced. The reason it works on setting 4 is that there is no resistor, as setting 4 uses full voltage. Obviously 1 ,2 + 3 are on resisted circuits to cut the power going to them, making them obviously less powerfull.
I am going to fix mine tomorrow. I will take some piccys if i remember. i have been quoted £16 + VAT for the resistor which i think i quite high but i am going to get one tomorrow. I will post my findings 8)
Good luck
Rob (Bobster)

J

jaigtir

im probably wrong, but it could be the fuses. This happend in my mates sunny, when i put it to setting four, the fuse blew. put a new fuse in, now its fine, just cant use setting 4

A

Anonymous

Well i was going to do the resistor today and take some piccys for you, but the dealer wanted something like £23 + VAT :( for it
So i am going to order one from a supplier for £16 + VAT :roll:
While i was at the dealers i got a price on an ariel as some llittle git snapped the one i have. It was nearly £50 when the VAT was added. Needless to say i walked out empty handed.

J

Jonny H

ok guys, thanks for the help, will have a look at it 2morrow :wink: