FAO: Anybody with a HKS Speed Limit Defencer...

GTiRlover

I bought a HKS SLD from Japan to rid my car of the rather annoying limiter. However the instructions were in Japanese. The device has been fitted but the limiter still kicks in!!

If there is anybody who has bought a HKS SLD and still has the English fitting instructions would you mind scaning and email them to me. I am 90% sure that it has been wired in correctly but I would like to be sure by comparing the wiring diagram to that of my fitted device. This is the only thing that I can think of to explain why it isn't working...

leemh

i thought the de-limiter was through the speedo kmh/mph.buy that little bit and the speedo reads in mph and de-limit's it aswell..maybe wrong just what i see in banzi when i was flicking through

GTiRlover

I have a delimiter fitted to the speedo as well but that did't work so I bought the HKS SLD to solve the problem. The SLD wires onto the ECU and is only meant to remove the factory limiter. I can't think of why it isn't working. Has anybody else had problems delimiting their cars?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I'm sure this is where most people get this wrong..

Back when i ran a standard ECU what i used was a KM to MPH converter.. This was a device that was fitted in about the Odometer.. What it did was change the KM signal to MPH using the 1.61 conversion.. This ultimately leaves the car limited to 180 but the signal that it is now limited is mph rather than km/h.. Thus the car was reading in MPH and limited to 180MPH.. Was only £50 supplied and fitted too!

I'm not sure if the HKS SLD actually converts the signal to MPH aswel as de-limiting the car..

Rishi

GTiRlover

Rishi- my speedo already reads in mph so assuming I have a similiar device fitted just makes me all the more curious as to why I still have a problem. It has been suggested that changing my clocks may be a way to get rid of the limiter...

Jonesy- I had a look on eBay and those delimiters at £25 look similar to one I already have fitted to the speedo. Do you have one fitted to your car?

Fusion Ed

What speed are you getting a cut? exactly 112 ish (prob 120) indicated? if so chances are its not wired in correctly.

Jonesy

I have bought one, but ive not got round to fitting it yet. I'll let you know if it works when i get my finger out

GTiRlover

Jonesy- yeah let me know if it works please mate. I'd really like to work out why both mine aren't working before I get another tho...

Micra Ed- I'll pm you details.