FC TUNING experiences

nitrosgti-r

Im just wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with this tuner? GOOD or BAD let me, and others, know here ;)

nitrosgti-r

i will let other people tell there stories and then i will tell mine, so as to not sway this thread one way or the other :)

Lionel

steve it one of the best mappers i know, you cant really go wrong with him mapping your car.

Last edited by a moderator:

nitrosgti-r

lionel have you had your car mapped by him?? If so, whats the power your running and drivabilty etc and what management??

Any more ppl want to come foward?????

R

riske

I have had my car done by him and all is well. Recently been hearing through the grapevine that some people have had some issues. Not sure what or the severity so cant comment but my own experiences have been fine plus hes a top dude. Whats going on then?

jamesgtir

i had my car mapped by steve when it comes to mapping and getting the car running as it should i wouldnt use any one else. top bloke is steve

nitrosgti-r

i just want some responses mate thats all, im not goin to bad mouth anyone and make this more messy than need be but what i will say is that i dont think ppl should trust all they hear about him. At least not until we get a few more GOOD stories on here?? I mean if your going to spend all this time rebuilding your engines and money on it but we dont even know who this guy is????? I didn't even get a receipt for the work done!!! I just handed over the cash like the mug that i am. NICE ONE!!! Oh and the car runs like a bag of wank by the way

nismo-400R

i had my pulsar mapped by him before i sold it,he did a good job went through it all with me as he mapped it,top bloke

nitrosgti-r

I have contacted him yes but he wants me to shell out more money to get my car to the rollers nr london (i live in somerset) and i have explained that im not working at the mo and we have just had a baby, and that the last time he mapped it, it cost me £800 in extra fuel cast, trailer rental and hotel bills due to, lack of communication, shall we say.

Im going to ask for my money back as the service, that i payed for, has NOT been carried out. I should have held the money and then gave it to him AFTER i was happy with the car.

C

Craig04

When i met Steve he seemed like a decent bloke that knew what he was doing.. He road mapped my car from his home on the way to the dyno and then tweaked the map on the dyno. It made decent power for the spec that i had at the time. I also didn't receive a receipt and had to pay in cash.

The car has been running so badly and the after sales service was so shite I thought that I would cut my losses and went to see Matt up at TRL in Halifax. Matt told me that the car was actually running 1.8 bar of boost when Steve had told me it was safely set at 1.4 bar.

I have left the FC Tuning ecu with Matt and when he finishes with the move he is going to take a look at the map.

To be fair to Steve I have no proof that the map is bad, for all I know Matt could say that the map is fine also the reason my car was running bad could have been because of a fault with the ecu. This still doesn't excuse him from being careless and setting the boost wrong however so given my experience I would advise people to go elsewhere.

ashills

this was the guy that was better than god when ed was getting a slating a while back glad the clever people stayed with ed (fusion )

paz

All tuners fuck up or are wank at some point. I'm so so so bored of reading these threads its unreal.