first post and need to get started !!!

R

r5ben

hi this is my first post on the site so hi eveyone !
just got my new gtir ive sorted the body and wheels but im lost with the engine tuning ive tuned cars bfore and had some in the top mags but im lose with the gtir for now ?? :shock: so thats where you peeps come in ! :)
the cars totaly standard apart for a blow off valve and a stainless exhaust only cat back ....
so what do i need to know and what do i need to mod first ? im looking at getting her upto 280/300 bhp in the end but first things first whats do i need to do to make it safe and stuff
sorry for the long post ! :oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Get an apexi indutcion kit, replace your exhaust with a full mongoose system, fit an uprated fuel pump, colder spark plugs (gapped slightly smaller) an uprated clutch , front mount if you want to and turn it up to 1bar and you should have around 280bhp.

O

Odin

Hi and welcome to the site matey.

first thing i'd do is get some new brakes as the standard one's are 5hit :cry: , then for 280 bhp run 1 bar but it might be best to get a new fuel pump first and a good air filter.

Also the clutch wont last long on 1 bar if it's standard so buget for a new one :wink: .

rob

R

r5ben

thanks for that ill get some more bits ordered then got the brakes and some unrated springs now so its feul pump and air filter next :)

A

Anonymous

welcome dude, as already said 1 bar with decent brakes and a front mount sorted :D :D

skiddusmarkus

You could save a bit of money by just fitting a new downpipe and decat mated up to your stainless exhaust.There are a few turbo elbow projects on the go at the moment too which will really help make power/torque.

R

r5ben

brakes are done and ive got a de cat pipe being made just need the front pipe to make up the full zorst then its save up and get a front mount if nothin goes wrong :)