Fitting Oil Temp & Pressure Guage ???

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, i'm looking for some help on the above.

I have a set of 3 mechanical guages that I am going to attempt to install this weekend :shock: . I can cope with the Boost guage, as I already have an aftermarket item, but as for the other two I have no idea where they connect!!! :oops:

I know the oil pressure guage requires the sensor to be replaced and that this must mean draining the oil, but where is the sensor fitted on the block??? :?

The pressure guage has a similar tube to the boost guage and I assume there is a hose I can tee off for this??? Anyone point me in the right direction????

I am hoping that when these are fitted, I won't get my regular big scares when the oil pressure guage says the oil pressure has fooked off :x :x

Cheers peeps, I know you can help :wink:

Adrian

A

Anonymous

Do you mean guages or senders?? Where would you put the plate for the sender and why would it be necessary?? Looks to me like the sensor just goes into a hole in the block and then is held in place with a collar nut???

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
akroblade954 said:
The pressure guage has a similar tube to the boost guage and I assume there is a hose I can tee off for this??? Anyone point me in the right direction????

Adrian
If you get a tee piece with the right thread, you can probably tee it into the factory sender point.
The temp gauge would require some sort of take off plate (under the filter?) maybe to connect into, or a hole drilling and tapped into the sump.

Shaun

:D I have SPA Gauges 8) The oil pressure sender was direct replacement with the standard sender(located in front of the oil filter as you look through the drivers wheel arch)The temp sender was a different story though,as Fastguy said it had to be fitted into the sump as the standard one has a different thread pitch(location is above the oilfilter) :wink:

ex-gtir

best bet is to get shot of them the capilaries are normaly not long enough ask jai gtir he had some fitted and they werent long enough