Fitting Tarox 255mm grooved discs

ShayneG

Hi all,

I am going to fit the above this weekend. Are they easy to fit and can anybody give me any pointers :?:

Thanks
Shayne

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
255mm? That's slightly smaller than standard, so it's possible the pad might overlap the edge of the disc slightly leaving an unworn ridge, just something to check. :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
According to the manual a whole 2mm bigger at 257mm :p It probably won't be a problem, but just something to check up on occaisionally to make sure the over hanging bit isn't sitting there waiting to break off and cause any problems.

J

jiw

My hispec big disk kit had pad overhang, never caused any problems, yours will only be 1mm too, jeff

T

Toady

theyre a piece of wee to fit mate! just put a screw driver in the calliper and disc to push the piston on the calliper in (this is so the calliper will slide back over the new disc easily). then theres two 17mm bolts holding the calliper to the hub. one on the top and one on the bottom. just undo these and the calliper slides off. you might need to bang the old disc off the hub. then just slot the new disc on and refit the calliper! job done!

Thats the way to do it if your not changing the pads to btw! :wink:

ShayneG

Cheers Toady, I gotta fit red stuff pads as well, are they simple enough :?

I removed my turbo and manifold, serviced and refitted so I should be able to do this but it's the jobs that seem simple can nip u in the a55 :lol:

T

Toady

ShayneG said:
Cheers Toady, I gotta fit red stuff pads as well, are they simple enough :?

I removed my turbo and manifold, serviced and refitted so I should be able to do this but it's the jobs that seem simple can nip u in the a55 :lol:
yep simple to do also mate! theres two sliders that the callipers move on. on them is a bolt fot the top one and the bottom one (i think theyre 14mm not too sure), Just put a spanner on the slider and undo the bolt, then the calliper comes off and you can change the pads. simple 20min (both sides) job! :wink: