Fitting Wilwood 285mm brake kit

dombat

My Wilwoods have arrived, very nice indeed.

I'm going to get Lionel at Ninja Tune Factory to fit them, but i don't want to get there and find there's bits missing.

Do these need some kind of mounting brackets (none in box)? If so where can I get them, or will any garage have these lying around/know where to get them?

O

Odin

dombat said:
My Wilwoods have arrived, very nice indeed.

I'm going to get Lionel at Ninja Tune Factory to fit them, but i don't want to get there and find there's bits missing.

Do these need some kind of mounting brackets (none in box)? If so where can I get them, or will any garage have these lying around/know where to get them?

You should have brackets with the kit otherwise you wont be fitting them :doh: .

Rob

Braveheart

Odin said:
You should have brackets with the kit otherwise you wont be fitting them :doh: .
As Rob has mention, the kit should have come with brackets.
Two rectangular lumps of alloy, gold in colour.
If you are phoning the supplier to have them send the bracket, you might want to include braided hoses as well. Two hoses per side!

dombat

Just phone Rally Designs. They're well helpful.

The kit was missing the brackets so they're sending them out.

I thought there was only 2 pipes at first, but it's actually 4 screwed together!

All sorted.

Bring on Ninja Tune Factory fitting!!!!!!

dombat

Ah, but Lionel's doing loads of stuff for me so it's just 1 of the jobs. I'm getting done a shed load of stuff that I've been meaning to do for 2 years. I'm very excited!

geoff pine

Make sure you have the two reducers for the pipes as the callipar is an american thread and the pipe is a uk thread as i was missing one with my kit.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Also bin the bleed valves, as they are made of crappy copper they (well with mine) may sheer clean off and have to be drilled out.

Pop down to your local parts supplier and get some one piece nipples saves you the hassle later on.
;-)

dombat

How do the 2 pipes per calliper fit to the single pipe on the car?

I haven't actually looked at the car or the kit very hard yet (and I'm not fitting it either) just curious.

Braveheart

Two pipes are supplied in order for you to fit them through the strut brake pipe bracket and refit the OE retaining clip on the bracket.
You should suss it out easily when you do the work.
BTW, I gravity blead the brakes after fitting the new calipers and hoses.