Flamer kits - Which spark plug?

S

Stoned

Some Pulsar owners claim flames a good 4-6 foot long but mine doesnt do that at all, infact it's quite sporadic so from peoples own experiences, which spark plug works best and what gap?

Clearly the wider the spark the better. Just looking for a little advice really from those who have already been there.

Oh and does your kit whine really loudly? :?

pete-r

If your that keen for flames surely remapping/changing the fueling of the car will produce flames??Most pulsars ive seen do them for real.Never really heard of pulsars needing a flamer kit :? Have you considered fireworks?Ive got some surplus stuff from work might help you out :D

S

Stoned

Actually i'll put up a video later to show you the difference. My Pulsar flames anyhow just like the others, but only when you are really going for it.

c20ona

I just used a standard ngk plug. The Pulsar does pop and flame naturally but with the kit and in some cases, a slight increase in fuelling, you can got fooking monsters out of these cars. I did find however that the flame looked better on an exhaust system with numerous bends / baffles, i.e - Scorpion etc. On a straight through now and it just looks like the back end of a jet fighter, lol.
Check out my links below (cardomain) to see some results.

Regards

Kenny

S

Stoned

Sounds like the fueling is just a little too perfect on my car

I got a chip from str_motorsport on the way. i'll be interested to see how that changes things.

MarkTurbo

Stoned said:

I got a chip from str_motorsport on the way. i'll be interested to see how that changes things.
If its perfect then why f o o k about with it just to get sh1tty fake looking flames out the back :roll:

S

Stoned

Funny, I dont remember saying I would adjust the fueling?

pete-r

MarkTurbo said:
Stoned said:

If its perfect then why f o o k about with it just to get sh1tty fake looking flames out the back :roll:
Exactly :roll:

S

Stoned

I didnt say I personally would adjust the fueling did I. I'm not buying a chip for the flamer kit, i'm buying the chip for a better map

One has nothing to do with the other, stop trying to be smart gits :p