forge front mount

bopper

ok fitted the front mount today, but the oil breather box that sits above the turbo doesnt fit anymore, was wondering wot other people did about this . Also there is a little round erm thing next to in with a pipe going into the air filter pipe. any idea wot this is and wot it does, sorry my discriptive skills arnt that great.

bopper

not to sure why it dont ive seen that forge have changed the disign where the orginal peice that came from the turbo up and and round the bend was one piece, now they have changed it to 3 piece thus being a 90degree hose being put in which is wider than the orginal metal pipin this could be where im having the problems. ive looked through the gallery and alot of the pics show an elbow comin from the turbo where as mine comes striaght up which is where it gets in the way, also was wondering if i could just bypass the whole thing with a peice of pipe as it doesnt really look like it does anything. also back to the other thing i mentioned ive found a pic in the gallery so can you have a quick look and tell me wot it is please. http://www.gtiroc.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=404&c=15 its just next to the breather pot just on the right of it its only small bout an 1inch lond with a hose conectin it to the air filter pipe.

bopper

yer even so you had the orginal kit where the bend is metal mine is hosin which is wider also on the braket for the top mount on the right hand side there is something bolted to it in your pic im tryin to find out wot this is

A

AJ4

I had the same problem with the forge, the outlet pipe fouled on the oil catch can. First thing I did was take a big hammer to the catch can and bent the corner in, then about 6 months later I just took it off and threw it in the bin.