forged engine value

gtirtrack

could someone pls give me a value of my engine.
its a fully rebulit engine approx 6k ago, would be just the head and bottom end only.
spec is
je 87mm forged pistons
machined and rebored cylinders
lightened crank
balenced bottom end
shot peened rods
arp con rod bolts
hks 264 cams
3 angle valve seats
hks head gasket
lightened flywheel
perfect runner and only running at 1.3bar on hybrid t28 (340bhp)
good for 450+bhp.
cheers

boucherie

where abouts in the country are you based??

value wise i think you could be looking at say £2-2.5K. have you had the standard rods shot peened or are they forged jobbies?

gtirtrack

cheers guys, the rods r std rods that have been shot peened. im in surrey. it was just out of interest. it looks like i may have to sell the pulsar unfortunatley but i was just thinkin bout how much i would get if i broke it compared to if i just sold it. i would rather just sell it as its a really good example and would be a great shame to break it. plus breaking is hassle. just the car is not insured at the mo so isnt getting driven and also i thinkl it may be hard to sell if i cant take people out in it. i really need the money at the mo tho, otherwise it would stay mine. cheers again.

P

pulsarboby

advertise it in autotrader, you will get the right money for it there, dont waste your time with ebay, toooo many messers and tyre kickers!

boucherie

im surprised you dont want to buy it off him bobby and then il have the engine off you as it will save me getting mine built up!!

just out of interest what other goodies have you got on the car and who did the rebuild etc, can it be backed up with receipts??

reply via PM if you want

P

pulsarboby

boucherie said:
im surprised you dont want to buy it off him bobby and then il have the engine off you as it will save me getting mine built up!!

just out of interest what other goodies have you got on the car and who did the rebuild etc, can it be backed up with receipts??

reply via PM if you want

that dont make sense ian :lol: il give him 2k for it and sell it to you for fifteen hundred, hows that?
i did'nt get entrepreneur of the year award for nothing you know:lol: :lol:

boucherie

sounds like a deal to me then!!

i meant why dont you buy the car off him and then il have first refusal on the engine, and for 1500 that would be a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!

moving off subject a bit can you send me a pic of them 17" lightweight wheels and whats the latest on the tinted windows?? you can email me directly if you want as im know going to work!

EVOBAD

u dont hav to break car sell engine on a px deal like strd engine plus 1700cash thats what alot of guys hav done in past

gtirtrack

the engine was rebuilt by a previous owner who was an engine builder. have full picture guide to the build. the car was owned by a bloke called olly in a place near birmingham. this is who i bought it off.

Shaun

That sounds like Toady's old car,it gave Olly nothing but trouble.
Just to add,Toady was some sort of engineer but dont think his job was building car engines,could be wrong as its been a while.

Keira

Shaun said:
Toady was some sort of engineer but dont think his job was building car engines,could be wrong as its been a while.
i think he had some lego bricks he was keen on :lol:

gtirtrack

i have had the car a few months and aint had any trouble with it, love it to pieces but it just costs me to much lol, going back to somethin a bit less crazy for a bit lol. would like to sell the car whole but might split if it aint to much hassle. and cheers for your input shaun but it aint much help to me when u try and put people off my car when im thinkin of sellin it.

Shaun

gtirtrack said:
i have had the car a few months and aint had any trouble with it, love it to pieces but it just costs me to much lol, going back to somethin a bit less crazy for a bit lol. would like to sell the car whole but might split if it aint to much hassle. and cheers for your input shaun but it aint much help to me when u try and put people off my car when im thinkin of sellin it.
:roll: Not trying to put people off your car mate,just telling it as it is,i know Olly quite well and it was me that had to sort some of the problems out.I've not made any bad comments about the engine build only that you said the last but one owner was an engine builder and i know that he wasnt..............................simple as.At the end of the day if the car is a good one it will sell itself.