Free

R

RJC

Can anyone work this out.

Got a standard R, that sometimes drives quick and has a low/normal oil pressure. But sometimes the oil pressure is running high/higher and it feels like it's holding back. Does this from cold, or after driving for a bit, and quite often when I stop the engine for a little while.

Please, please help, it's doing my head in.

A

AJ4

...only if you tell us what we get free ? ( message title :?: :D )

paz

AJ4 said:
I'm guessing it was to make people look :lol: we like free stuff.

RJC - When the oil pressure is really high, is this when you are starting and driving the car from cold? If so, no turbo car likes to be thrashed before its properly warmed up, and won't be as responsive.

Paz

R

RJC

paz said:
AJ4 said:
I'm guessing it was to make people look :lol: we like free stuff.

RJC - When the oil pressure is really high, is this when you are starting and driving the car from cold? If so, no turbo car likes to be thrashed before its properly warmed up, and won't be as responsive.

Paz
Yes it was yo make people look as nobody seems to help when I've asked before.

The pressure can start running high after 20mins or so of driving. I normally run the car for a while before i drive it, and never thrash untill it's properly warmed up.

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
what oil are you using?

what pressures are you seeing exactly? (normal and high)

you haven't overfilled it accidentally?

R

RJC

Shalom said:
what oil are you using?

what pressures are you seeing exactly? (normal and high)

you haven't overfilled it accidentally?
The pressure is around 2 when it's running well rising to near 4 when I put my foot down for a bit, but drops back to 2ish when I cruse again.

If it desides to run badly it runs at 4ish rising quickly to around 6ish when I put my foot down. It also sound like the induction kit is drawing more air in, but might be my imagination.

I'm using castrol RS, and it's on the max level :oops: , but has been fine for the last two months.

daz

RJC said:
If it desides to run badly it runs at 4ish rising quickly to around 6ish quite quickly when I put my phone down.

lol stop using the phone then and it wont do it

RJC said:
The pressure is around 2 when it's running well rising to near 4 when I put my foot down for a bit, but drops back to 2ish when I cruse again.

If it desides to run badly it runs at 4ish rising quickly to around 6ish when I put my foot down. It also sound like the induction kit is drawing more air in, but might be my imagination.
Does that seem a bit low to anyone else? Mine is always about 5 when warm & cruising, rising to near 6 under load.

When she's cold, it's nearly 8 under (light) load, 7 when cruising.

Could this just be differences in the readings on our crappy nissan OEM gauges?

O

Olly

RJC, those guages talk qrap, mine did, i put a new sender on it from nissan and no more silly readings, do it first before worrying chap.
8)