Front Mount Advice

Matty B

Hi everybody. Im just about to do it and fit a front mount inter-cooler on my R. I've got a little confused though about how much i should be spending. I've been looking on ebay recently and i can buy an inter-cooler and fitting kit for only 200 quid plus postage. But today i bought a banzai mag and they start from 700 quid all the way up to about a grand. I don't get it, is the one on ebay no good or are things in tuning mags just overpriced. Thats a hell of a difference in price don't you think. Cheers. Matt.

nimhbk

hi mate

i have £299 hybrid kit of ebay, no heat soak at all super kit, (have to cut the bumper use metal grinder 5 min job) and move fluid tank, and catch tank. but as above looks good and does the job...i'm only running 300bhp thou

P

pulsarboby

i bought one from ebay (cheapie) and not had a problem so far, only thing i could fault was the silicone pipes could have been an inch longer, but other than that its fine.
a good days work to fit though!

Braveheart

Good stuff Matty... when I get around to fitting mine, I'll give you a shout.....:-D
I do not think you can go wrong with that FMIC but keep us posted.
Cheers,
Scott.

P

PULSAN

The flat 4 online one (autobhan88) i have bought and fitted, the instruction are a rough guide not full fitting instructions:doh: , took nearly 2 days to do as there is a few things not mentioned in the rough guide that you need to do, and i am current running with no water bottle(windscreen washer bottle) as you have to remove it and there is no room in the wing once the FMIC is fitted
I got a greedy slimline style bottle to replace it.
looks mint though!!!! :)

warringtonjack

PULSAN said:
and i am current running with no water bottle(windscreen washer bottle) as you have to remove it and there is no room in the wing once the FMIC is fitted
I got a greedy slimline style bottle to replace it.
looks mint though!!!! :)
Its a fairly easy process to relocate the washer bottle to the boot. I'm sure there'e a how to somewhere. Do a search. Or I might post up some pictures, if I can be arsed! :roll:

dombat

do you have to clean out the new IC before fitting in case it has crap in from the factory? How about a blast from a compressor?