Front mount halts hiteq engine intall

Needed to swap the from mount from one car into the other as engine/box getting swapped. removed the front mount to fit to my other car and looks like it is burst and the pipework for it has also been rubbing on the alternator bracket and rubbed right though it. :cry:
looks like i'm going to have to fit a top mount to get it back on the road until i can afford another front mount :cry:
will have to buy a cheap topmount and turbo outlet pipe as the pipework for the frontmount took a different path
It never rains but it pours :cry: :cry:

gunmetalgtir

Think I saw your car up at the garage in wishaw when I was up on saturday! Very nice! Thought it was sitting a bit high tho then realised it didnt have an engine in it!! :oops:

JIMMYBACK said:
if you need the top mount and turbo pipe i have one spare :wink:
Thanks for the offer, hopefully will get one from my mate dave tomorrow
(pulsar 2002) as he has impoerted a few jap cars for parts.
If he hasn't got one i'll pm you and you can let me know how much you want for them, but stay up near Glasgow so don't know how much the postage would be.

Thought about getting the pipe and intercooler repaired but don't think it is really worth it. was going to put it into my car as it was there but to be honest i don't really think a front mount is any better than a standard top mount. Don't 1/4 mile it so not bothered about heat soak and it's only a weekend car when it's dry so it doesn't get caught up in traffic so heatsoak isn't a problem.
The standard intercooler stays cool on the move as have been round Knockhill with Samellio when he had a top mount and when we came off we jumped out and felt the intercooler and it was freezing cold. plus it's a bit more responsive as has a smaller capacity and doesn't have all the extra pipework to fill with pressure before it does anything.