Funny noise

S

Sam P

hi people after helping me with my last problem i now think i may have another. Wen driving my car if i put my foot down it does not have to be hard, the car makes like a whining sound from near the passenger foot well, is this normal could it be the diff thats knackered thanks in advance Sam :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

i would check the transfer and gearbox oil asap, could be a noisy diff bearing, does it do it in all gears?

S

Sam P

Yeah all gears mate sounds worrying then :doh: how much do dif etc cost for rebuilding

S

Sam P

Right ive made sure all the levels in gear box etc and there all fine the noise only happens when you put your foot down lightly so what could it be. If you let off the throttle it goes away is this normal Thanks :thumbsup:

S

Sam P

Yeah mate sounds like it from the passenger side what was it cos its doing my head in thanks

Sam:thumbsup:

huu-raa

does it happen when you use boost slightly? my mate had this problem it turned out to be his actuatr squeeling lol

Sam P said:
Yeah mate sounds like it from the passenger side what was it cos its doing my head in thanks

Sam:thumbsup:
Dunno it's still doing it! I had the cv joint, bearing checked and there's no play in the wheel so i've kinda ruled them out. I'm thinking something to do with the driveshaft or g'box or transfer box internals but it doesn't sound like it's coming from anywhere that central...

S

Sam P

huu-raa said:
does it happen when you use boost slightly? my mate had this problem it turned out to be his actuatr squeeling lol
How much and easy is this to replace quite mechanically minded but ive never worked on a car so tight before if ya know what i mean :lol:

S

Sam P

any other ideas what it could be and were is te actuator situated ????