gear box drain plug

Dooie Pop Pop

guess some of you have seen this a few times :lol: have drained and refilled transferbox and diff. took out the gearbox fill plug after a struggle :roll: the drain plugs been done up taf and its wasn' t exactly square to start with. ended up jamming a strip of metal into the hole alongside the square drive and using a bar and the poxy :x :evil: :x thing still wont budge :( it started to chew so iv left it rather than knacker it completely.

will get a new one ready to swop just not sure how to get it out.

any suggestions?

GINGA

take the car for a drive first to get the gearbox warm, then try again to remove it, if you've got a slightly larger allen key or even torx bit try and hammer that into the hole :wink:

ashills

may sound a bit dodge but i had same trouble and did it with a pair if plumbing grips arounnd teh outside edge u havent got to worry to much if u damage it if uve got a pare to go back in

A

ard1ey

Mine was like that, I got a range of square drive bits from Halfords and ended up hammering a slightly oversize one in there in small stages. It came undone in the end, with a 3 foot pipe on the socket set :D