Gear box or clutch???? Poss. Turbo even????

A

Anonymous

Right,

the R has decided to become all musical on me, and make noises. It does it some times and not the others, mostly when on boost, (this doesnt have to be full boost). Noise is hard to explain, its not dead loud, but like eerm, a dull vibration / background noise, sort of? Hard to explain.
And on the same night it made a grinding noise when trying to get it into reverse.(all other gears ok) Now I know the thrust bearing is noisy when I fire it up first thing, and goes quiet when the clutch pedal is depressed. Trip to Hiteq, me thinks. Re-mortgage! Also clutch master cylinder has gone, verified by Ian @ Hiteq.

Any thoughts? Would be appreciated,

Si

MarkTurbo

Super fly said:
Noise is hard to explain, its not dead loud, but like eerm, a dull vibration / background noise, sort of? Hard to explain.
Is it a sort of metallic/tinny rattling noise :?:

Could be detonation/pinking :( Not good if it is

O

one Gti-R

your descriptio is a bit all over the place so its too hard to say what it could be.

geetee

could be lots of things.

even a loose engine mount for e.g.

I think you may have a couple of unrelated probs.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

E

Edd

well if ian says your clutch master is gone, change that and see if the noises are still there :wink:

A

Anonymous

Soz, chaps dont know how to best describe it.....
Will bob over to Hiteq (if it makes it ) and seek Ians advice.
The master cylinder has been leaking since I bought the car last year, and has never changed, just that the pedal is near to the floor.
Thanks anyways,

Si