gear ratio

stifler1603

ok cool give me an idea of the gear ratios you used. i'm in the process of reconstructing my box. because we have a overseas drag meet in june so i wanna get the gtir and the gti turbo ready. so while playing csr racing on my phone the idea of changing the gear ratios / final drive just popped into my head. and where can i get the gears from.

Last edited:

red reading

Ppg,par and Becker can all supply custom ratios for every gear and the final drive....what do you want to do with the car? ,what is the usable rev band? What is the top speed you will realistically achive? It's not that simple and there is other variables such as wheel and tyre combinations too.

stifler1603

1/4 mile drag. both cars are on 17"rims with 205/40/17 hankook tyres. the gtir is 380bhp and the gti is 320bhp usable revband of 7200-8000rpm would be nice i shift at 7500rpm. looking a top speed of 120-130mph if possible cause the fuel we get in the caribbean is very crappy 86 octaine in my country 92 octaine at best which we hardly get .

red reading

Par in Australia is your best and cheapest option to supply the kits, and ratio wise the RB gearbox ratios will suit you best (or as near as )

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
That's around mid/high 12.7/12.8s at a guess. If you check my sig as a comparison, I do a 12.063 1/4 with 990ft in 9.99s (roughly 10.05 at 1000ft if doing 100mph at 990ft)

A standard car with 1bar -280bhp ish can do that.