gear speeds

nimhbk

Does anyone have the approximate speeds that can be reached in each gear before hitting the red...

As i think 55mph in second is a bit week is it not????????

Are E30 M3 easily hits it in second, was thinking a gtir should too???no

Thanks Nick

G

gtirbhp

an M3 will probably get closer to 70mph in 2nd but the R should defo hit 60 and maybe a little more...If i rev mine high enough it will hit 70mph in 2nd(on my speedo) but obviously the actual speed will be about 65 or so...

N

Nik_GTI-R

What speed does an RB Pulsar do in 2nd gear??45mph??

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Nik_GTI-R said:
What speed does an RB Pulsar do in 2nd gear??45mph??
I can't remember exactly, but it's about 55ish. I'm normally looking at the rev counter not the speedo.;-)

G

gtirbhp

Fast Guy said:
I can't remember exactly, but it's about 55ish. I'm normally looking at the rev counter not the speedo.;-)
same here..but he asked for mph`eez not rpm`eez so you know ;-) :lol:

agree with gtirpimp too..its a thin line between hitting max mph in 2nd and hitting the limit so surely must be quicker to just shift up early seen as theres plenty torque mid-range and up

warringtonjack

As fast Guy mentioned, it all comes down to the diameter of wheels+tyres. Someone with 18's will go faster in second than I can with my lil 15's. ;)

G

gtirbhp

BANG! ;) :) That or you go through the windscreen due to the sheer deceleration :lol: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
gtirbhp said:
same here..but he asked for mph`eez not rpm`eez so you know ;-) :lol:

agree with gtirpimp too..its a thin line between hitting max mph in 2nd and hitting the limit so surely must be quicker to just shift up early seen as theres plenty torque mid-range and up
I gave him mph. All 55 of them.

I tried short shifting on the strip once and changing at 7000rpm instead of 7500 was about 3/10ths slower

G

gtirbhp

Fast Guy said:
I gave him mph. All 55 of them.

I tried short shifting on the strip once and changing at 7000rpm instead of 7500 was about 3/10ths slower
:) i said mph'eeez :lol:

That makes sense although im too chicken :oops: to let mine run to 7500rpm as dont want it to go all nuclear on my a5s and do the hiroshima8) :roll: