Gearbox is expelling all its oil through breather pipe.

S

Stoned

:shock:

OK that breather pipe at the top of the gearbox. Mine spits out oil constantly.

To test how much we filled the gearbox to the top and stuck a large bottle underneath the pipe. 2 weeks later the bottle is full and thats a litre and a half of oil that is no longer in my gearbox

Anyone got any ideas why?? :?

O

Odin

Yeah you over filled it in the first place lol.

Mine did the same thing for a while after I refitted it, I'd put a little to much in :oops: (note to self never fill your gearbox with the front up on stands :oops: ).

It will find it's own level after a while mate I wouldn't worry about it :wink: .

rob

S

Stoned

Hmm but a litre and a half?

I shall empty the bottle then and see what happens :)

O

Odin

Stoned said:
Hmm but a litre and a half?

Do you remember how much you put in?, It doesn't take much :wink: .

You sure you didn't add the transfer box and gearbox amount's together?.

rob

S

Stoned

I didnt, a garage which changed my clutch did. However when he refilled it in front of me it was jacked up at the front. I guess this might not have helped

nismoboy

could be the tranfet box seal has gone, if this happens it pressurises the gearbox making it push oil out the breather,

O

Odin

Mine did the same thing after I fitted it but it couldn't of been the transfer box seal as that was rebuilt along with the gearbox :wink: , So I'd say is was far more likely to be that it was just over filled as mine was and will find it's own level in time :wink: .

Just empty your overflow bottle and see how it goes mate :) .

rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Mine did the sames as Rob's, about 1/2 a litre later it found it's own levels and is fine now.

Steve

S

Stoned

Mines now getting hard to get into gear, I suspect the levels are dropping too much :evil:

J

jiw

drain it into measuring jugs and refil measuring it to the correct quantity, i did the same too, Jeff :wink: