gearbox noise

abyss

when i select first gear and drive the car makes a really bad crunching noise like a clock only faster. I can select 2,3,4,5 and reverse its just first gear. My mate thinks its the paddle it has an uprated clutch i am told it is a helix.

J

jimmymc

it is deffo a helix thats in it ask awd pulsar if u dont trust me.
ur problem doesnt sound like the clutch tho . sounds like uve f**cked 1st gear!

S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

could be just the paddle makes selecting 1st harder, its not a unheard ofproblem, my first is always stiffer and harder to select when i have a uprated clutch in compared to a OEM one or Organic Uprate.
This isnt to say its not your box ,, sorry just that it is possibly due to having a paddle clutch in,

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
If its ticking in 1st gear then it sounds like you've taken a tooth of the 1st gear cog...

Rishi

Shaun

:D Hi mate,easiest way to find out is to drain your gearbox oil and filter it,if there are any metal bits in it then as said above,you've probably chipped a tooth on first gear :wink:

J

jimmymc

it is a helix organic clutch that was installed not a paddle. ur mate is talkin shite he knows f**k all about cars never mind pulsars. i told u if u need to know wots wot about the car ask me! i would not sell a car which was going to cause u hassle coz im a good bloke. please pm me if uve got a prob do not question my knowledge off pulsars i really cant be arsed with gibbons ! i also told u it was the propshaft that was faulty and u persist to ask about cv joints! it has a full set of cv's as purchased from edd! the problem is ur PROPSHAFT CENTRE BEARING not cv's. honestly do not rubbish my name on this site i like posting here and have a lot of respect for other users including VPULSAR :lol: and dont want too be tared with the "wanker " brush!
sorry for the rant
jimmymc!

A

Anonymous

Soz to hear bout the problems. Have to say in my mates defence, the car was spot on. The clutch was fitted by AWD Motorsport not 100miles ago and is an uprated Helix clutch, not a paddle clutch. The car has run at Crail in 13's by both my mate and the guy before him with no issues. You can go onto Crail website to check. Sounds like 1st has spat a tooth which is an achievement as the AWD Pulsar is running 400bhp+ on a standard box, proving that the box can cope with huge bhp. I would drain the oil and check for metal as suggested.