Gearbox oil gutters

J

jiw

Hi, does anybody know/have any pictures for the location of the gearbox oil gutters, as i removed the outer casing of my box to re-seal it two plastic oil gutters fell out, one is about 10 inches long and the other is about 2.5"x1", help would be appreciated as i have a day off today and i am hoping to get some serious progress made, jeff :wink:

K

kizzyturbo4x4

dont got a pic, so ill just have to try a memory recall.. might not work :wink:
but the small one sits "under" the long one so they make up one part sort off.. and then its just one place theyll fit.
if you hold the caseing with opening uppwards i think youll see that place where its going to bee downwards when the box is fitted on the car.
:oops: donno if this did u any help..

J

jiw

thanks, i sussed it out this morning after a short while, now my problem is the threads where the detent spring retainer bolt screws into have pulled out, helicoil here we come, every time i try to progress on this damn thing i hit yet another problem, will get their in the end :twisted:

K

kizzyturbo4x4

i lost the threads on that one on my box to! pice off crap.. :x

A

AJ4

You think thats bad, I forgot to undo the bolt that holds the guttering in place and snapped the thing into little bits when I seperated the casing... :oops: