Gearbox oil leak

B

Brett G

Woke up this morning to find a small puddle of clean oil under my car (suggesting its from the gearbox) couldn't have a proper look as I had to go to work, i did have a little look and it looked like it was coming from the gearbox area. Anyway do any of you have any idea if there is a common place where they leak? Cos I'm getting worried that this could turn out expensive! :shock: Also how much oil do the gearboxes hold?
Its a standard recon box which I got about a year ago from Gary (gti-r spares). I'm going to try and get it on axle stands if its not too late when I get home but any comments before hand would be helpful :wink:

Cheers

Brett

B

Brett G

It stinks!!!
Which oil seals? Are they easy access?

Cheers Frank

Brett

Shaun

:D Have a look at the driveshaft seals,where the shaft enters the box :D This one started to leak on mine,easily sorted though :D

zia

check your driveshaft seals and selector rod seal...or it could be seepage from breather hose..or gearbox midsection gasket?

zia

O

one Gti-R

as mentioned check the seals also check the drain and refil plugs are tightened sufficiently.

J

JohnnyGTiR

Another spot they leak from is the reverse light switch

B

Brett G

Thanks for the help, i'm going to have a look today and I'll let you know :wink:

Brett

B

Brett G

Thanks guys :wink: It was the driveshaft to gearbox seal, going to attempt it when i get the seal :)

Brett