gearbox out!

gtir bean

iv only done about 150 miles in my pulsar now and the clutch release fork is cracked half way round so i cant get any gears!how hard is the gearbox to take out?im competent mechanicaly but have only ever dono fwd boxes.any advice would be great.

MarkTurbo

I'd only ever done fwd cars before i got mine but i just got stuck in. After all its only an engine, theres just more to remove with all the 4x4 running gear thats all.

If your a competant mechanic then you should be ok :wink:

If you've got access to a ramp then that makes life easier, but if not the way i do it is to get the front of the car as high as possible on axle stands then drop the engine out onto the floor and separate the engine and box underneath the car :wink:

The first time you do it will probably take a bit of time cos theres brackets everywhere that need to taken off to remove the box :evil:

Good luck :D

gtir bean

think ill just pay to get it done.dont realy have time to do it and i cant see it being easy outside my flat.

M

Mart

PM Olly or Mike on here, alot cheaper then getting it done by garage

gtir bean

its costin me about £200 to get done.how much would a cusco 6point gage be worth?only for the front half.