gearbox

niklock1

Ive just blown my gearbox to pieces and am gonna buy a second hand one tomorrow, i dnt have enough cash to put an uprated box in but was thinking is there any way i can replace any of the parts in the second hand box i have just bought before i put it in? i'm thinking with 400 pound of tourque going through it aint gonna last 5 mins ? suggestions would be good cheers peeps :?:

S

Sirnixalot

mechanical empathy

dont rag the box, no other way to keep it from blowing apart really. be slow with the clutch, slow with shifting gears and slow going back on the throttle.

Dooie Pop Pop

Sirnixalot said:
mechanical empathy

dont rag the box, no other way to keep it from blowing apart really. be slower with the clutch, slower with shifting gears and slower going back on the throttle.
all of which means nothing when its on the line... which is when its been breaking :(

nismoboy

niklock1 said:
Ive just blown my gearbox to pieces and am gonna buy a second hand one tomorrow, i dnt have enough cash to put an uprated box in but was thinking is there any way i can replace any of the parts in the second hand box i have just bought before i put it in? i'm thinking with 400 pound of tourque going through it aint gonna last 5 mins ? suggestions would be good cheers peeps :?:
not alot u can do really, but make sure u use standard engine mounts, organic clutch, small wheels and just change your gearbox fluid reguarly.
And keep your fingers crossed.

hope this helps.

abyss

slow gear changes and dont crunch the gears. But the only other thing is a quaiffe which with 400lb/ft is the only other option. Or have a spare gear boc ready. I have and im on standard power.