Godspeed brakes

A

Anonymous

Hello all,

I bought these brakes about a week ago (four pot 308mm) and have now run them in over about 600 miles. I'm posting this to recommend them! They really do work well, especially at higher speeds. The kit cost me £625 including all pads, discs and braided hoses. Well worth a try!

Take it easy everyone!

Nad

Yeah I got them but never really used them much. kev's got them and drive like a nutter, not sure what his opinion is on them. I was going to upgrade to Hispec but looking elsewhere now but really want a kit where I can change from 280's to 310's.

Nad

A

Anonymous

£625, sounds like a nice price.. Most of the kits ive heard of are a lot more expensive.

What size are the standard nissan GTiR discs?

E

Edd

Nad said:
Yeah I got them but never really used them much. kev's got them and drive like a nutter, not sure what his opinion is on them. I was going to upgrade to Hispec but looking elsewhere now but really want a kit where I can change from 280's to 310's.

Nad
i think you'll find changing from 280 to 310 is quite hard on a few setups.
The hispec 285mm kit doesnt need bells so i'm not sure if you would then need bells plus a different caliper bracket to go up to 310.
Also the AP kits do up to 295mm on a smaller caliper but to go to a 300+mm disc you need the larger caliper and can run 304-330 on the larger caliper.

I am hoping that my 304mm AP kit MIGHT fit under some 15 inch wheels :shock:

Nad

Edd said:
I am hoping that my 304mm AP kit MIGHT fit under some 15 inch wheels :shock:
Let us know if u find any. Gravel tyres are easier to come by in 15's but want 16's for tarmac use. Changing bells etc isnt the issue, i dont want to have 2 calipers and rebleed everytime I want to change over.

Nad

M

Mr Overboooost

was that the kit with the brembo 4 pots?

cheers
gary

A

Anonymous

yeah they're callipers from an old Aston. Well thats what written on the brake pads box! :D

Don't say Brembo though! :(

Anyway, 1000 miles on and I think they're bedded in well enough. They did squeek for a while but they've quietened down now. Really do work well, had to brake hard earlier when a Vectra pulled out on me! was quite impressed. Time will tell though; my friend thought his Wilwoods were the nuts on his race car till they cracked wide open!

C

clarkey

i have the 310 godspeed fitted 2 mine and carnt fault them look nice behing my 17" so im happy carnt knock them

A

Anonymous

The 280mm Wilwoods will depending on the clearance of your spokes.

Dunc