good-bad

D

damien4uuk

Ok im wondering if any one can tell me why somedays my r feels so fast and on others i cant even beat 1.8d bravo? done fault checks and nothing shows up! is it just the way they are or should i get my checkbook ready :!:

D

damien4uuk

Well, take yesterday. I put my foot down and the car went( posibly the best its ever felt, i mean it really went.) Then today i put my foot down and its slugish just doesnt really want to move( almost like its just had a smoke :lol: ) its so anoying.

D

damien4uuk

If its this limp mode thing how do you stop it from happening?

kyepan

damien4uuk said:
If its this limp mode thing how do you stop it from happening?
limp home mode retards the ignition and you loose loads of power, it can go into limp home mode cause of dodgy fuel, cause the timing is out, or cause the knock sensor is faulty, and a couple of other things. when you turn the ignition off it lets the ecu go back into normal mode.

do a search for the following things

"fault code check" - find out how to do it and test your car, it takes 5 mins and 0 mechanical knowledge, but is better explained in some of the many problem solving posts

check it for knock sensor, code 3,4 then.
reset all codes go out and give it a blat.. come back and check again.

oh and make sure your running on optimax

best of luck.

D

damien4uuk

Hi again, the fuel filter is allmost brand new and when the faultcheck is done its just fine, so i dont know :!: :x

Dooie Pop Pop

what kind of boost control are you using? and whats your gauge showing?

you could try a different lamba, mine did exactly the same as yours. fine one drive and slow as the next. it ate a lot of fuel and popped like a bugger when it was running bad :oops: not cheap though so try and borrow one to check :wink:

D

damien4uuk

:D :( good and bad news, the good news is i have got rid of the misfire (turned out to be a melted coil) the bad news is still as sluggish as hell, got a new filter thinking it would help but is was not too be. The earth on the fuel pump is good re done it when i put the new one in. so im still none the wiser.