Good clutch

K

keyshemoemoe

well i will soon be getting my 94 gtir sent to the US from japan. it will be in pieces, so it will be the best time to do some general maintaince. So just a few questions, i'm looking to run one bar of boost, and i want to do some drag racing and heard that the stock clutch can't handle 1 bar of boost... is this correct? what clutch should i switch over to? I want something that i can buy here in america. any suggestions? Also, what other general maintaince should i do while the car is in pieces? where is a good place to buy the general maintaince parts in the US?
Thanks,
Garret

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
keyshemoemoe said:
heard that the stock clutch can't handle 1 bar of boost... is this correct? Garret
It can, but probably not for long. If your car's in bits, you might as well upgrade it.

Depending what spec your car is, get a bigger turbo if you want some good times on the strip and shed some weight from the car.

M

Mondorno

RPS Max Clutch is a very good upgrade. I use one and I am very pleased with it.

houghy_1

Mondorno said:
RPS Max Clutch is a very good upgrade. I use one and I am very pleased with it.
Yep,RPS Max Street Clutch rated to 475lb/ft of torque.
I have 1 and i know of an owner with 400bhp on here thats not had any problems with his;-)
Think there based in California???

Matt

K

keyshemoemoe

thanks for the advice/suggestions. is there any cheaper clutch that will work though? 575 is alot for a clutch and i really don't need something that will support 550 ft lbs of torque!!! anything else i should do while its in pieces?
Thanks

vizi0n

ACT 6 pucks is pretty good! Should be the same one than from a 180SX SR20DET ... some guy I barely know fitted it no problem in his winter GTIR