Good or bad idea?

N

Ninj-r

Having looked through some of the threads in this section, I was considering getting a dremmel and polishing/smoothing the throttle bodies and exhaust manifold, so:

How do you go about something like this and is it as relatively simple as I think it is? :shock: Or should I not bother, as it will only end in tears and swearing and broken things and lots of cash to undo the mess I would have created :roll: :( .

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I

Innovate Performance

mate i would leave the thottle bodies alone as if you do go wrong it will cost alot to put right.

The exhaust is not a problem as a new manifold is easy to get.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you're going to do the insides, keep it simple and just get rid of any castting marks. You could realy mess things up on the throttle boy side if you do it wrong, but with a dremmel you'll be there for hours doing anything :?

As for the outside, I wouldn't bother with the exhaust manifold at all, it'll only rust up again.

skiddusmarkus

If you use sanding barrels on the exhaust manifold it would take a very big fook up to damage anything.The soft alloy of the plenum is easier to mess up though so stick to cleaninig up imperfections on the inside and the casting marks on the throats down to the head.Only press on lightly though if using a rough barrel as it soon sands it off.Finish it off with wet n' dry.

N

Ninj-r

Cheers for the replies

It was for the inside (both) - get rid of odds & sods like the casting imperfections and such like.

However I will be the first to admit I have more enthusiasm than technical experience/knowledge.

should I leave it the f*ck alone? as it will probably make no difference anyway.