GRRRRR sound??????

leon2engines

my car makes a GRRRRR sound at 2-3k, after i went through everything i could of left loose i realised it only does it with the bonnet closed!! what the hell can it be?... has anyone had this problem before? also whats the best way of cleaning my engine? is a jet wash to brutal? or will i have to use elbow grease?

O

Odin

If you cable tie a plastic bag over the dizzy and keep it away from the electrical(sp) conections you should be ok with a jet wash :wink: .

rob

OZ-Racing

You'll probably find it's just the bonnet resonating when the engine is at that frequency, so you'll prob find you get the same noise at around 5K.

Make sure the little adjustable rubber stoppers in the front corners where the bonnet rests are adjusted properly, so that you can't wobble the bonnet when it is shut. They just screw in and out.

Hope that sorts it :wink:

antgtir

Mine does it slightly but you can only hear it if you are stood outside so im not bothered lol :lol: i think on mine its the plastic at the base of the front wind screen, make sure that is secure.

Ant.

P.s. As V says, steer clear of the electrics and make sure you start the car before you start the rinse down and rinse the manifold and hot areas first then steer clear of them, if you dont you may find you will crack your manifold etc with the reaction of the hot and cold surfaces.