Gt28r

K

keyshemoemoe

i have a gt28r turbo that i recently aquired, so i have a few questions to ask about its performance and application. will it bolt right up to the stock manifold and exhaust port? At what rpm will boost come on?(faster or slower then stock) i am already planning on getting a new clutch to handle the added power, but will the stock tranny be able to support it? also should i just run the boost at 1 bar? or if i get a new clutch would the engine/tranny be a ble to handle more then 1 bar of boost? just need some more advice....
Thanks

A

andyc

keyshemoemoe said:
i have a gt28r turbo that i recently aquired, so i have a few questions to ask about its performance and application. will it bolt right up to the stock manifold and exhaust port? At what rpm will boost come on?(faster or slower then stock) i am already planning on getting a new clutch to handle the added power, but will the stock tranny be able to support it? also should i just run the boost at 1 bar? or if i get a new clutch would the engine/tranny be a ble to handle more then 1 bar of boost? just need some more advice....
Thanks
you do realise that it's smaller than a standard turbo? Well the exhaust side is anyway, compressor is same. It'll spool very well.

A

Adamski

Mine needed to be fooked around with by Olly to get it to fit and with my limited breathing mods the it made 305bhp and 330ftlbs of torque @ 1.2 bar. The mapper couldn't get any more out of it on the day so I'm changing it for a bigger one within the next couple of weeks. Mine hit's 1.2 bar way under 3500rpm.

Last edited by a moderator: