GT28RS help urgent!

stugtir

Ive just received my new turbo from ATP TURBO and ive compared it to my old one and it seems that all the oil feeds etc are located differently! :cry: and the metal pipe that comes off the turbo that has a diamond shape flange,the holes dont line up on the new turbo!

has any one fitted a GT28RS before as im f**ked if i know how to sort it all out! :cry:

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers stu

Keira

is that the outlet does not appear to be in the right place when everything else lines up ???

talking to 00sid about his gt2871 he's got to spin the compressor housing and make up a new bracket for the actuator to get it all to line up, does that sound familiar

stugtir

i can spin the turbo outlet to get that where i want it and fiddle with the actuator. its just the the oil feed / returns seem to be in the wrong place :? and the smaill pipe that comes off the back of the turbo that is attached via a small flange the wholes dont line up!

stu

Keira

the oil return wants to be at the bottom so that needs to be facing down, spin the compressor and exhaust housings until they're pointing where you want them then look at the oil, water feed and water returns, probably have to get flexible hoses made up to suit.

O

Odin

Are you all stupid :?: :roll: Just spin the core around to the right place I just had to do it with my jgy bb 37 turbo should take all of 2 min's, And then line up the air side and the exhaust side once the core is right :wink: .

rob

Keira

by getting the oil return in the right place and spinning the exhaust and compressor housings your doing the same thing...

so no, we're not all stupid :roll:

O

Odin

kieron said:
by getting the oil return in the right place and spinning the exhaust and compressor housings your doing the same thing...

so no, we're not all stupid :roll:
Ok I'll let you off mate :wink: but the rest of you are real STUPID :wink: :lol:

rob

GINGA

vpulsar said:
Are you all stupid :?: :roll: Just spin the core around to the right place I just had to do it with my jgy bb 37 turbo should take all of 2 min's, And then line up the air side and the exhaust side once the core is right :wink: .

rob
ratfpmsl @ this
I had a few phone calls and heard alot of swearing while he was doing this :lol:

As for fitting the gt28rs you'll have to align the housings up as they'll be setup for a rwd, make new intake and outlet piping, enlongate the holes in oil drain flange by about 5mm to get that to fit, modify your old actuator bracket or bye the nice one that atp turbo sell for the gt28rs to fit it the fwd sr20dets http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...D&Product_Code=ATP-WGT-011&Category_Code=VSR2 :wink: you'll also be best off replacing the acutator for best results

O

Odin

GINGA said:
ratfpmsl @ this
I had a few phone calls and heard alot of swearing while he was doing this :lol:
Don't know what you mean mate :? must be someone else :lol: .

rob

stugtir

cheers for your help guys. what actuator would you recomend getting? im gona be running about 1.2 bar of boost? i had a feeling forge done an uprated one? :?

stu

GINGA

I'd get a genuine garrett item -34 for 14psi one if you don't ever want to run less than 14psi or a -31 for 7psi the -34 will hold boost better at high rpm and they are the same as the ones for cossies and rst's so don't get ripped off paying jap prices :wink: