gt28rs question!

Marci GTi-R

Hi,

I believe many gti-r owners got a gt28rs turbo fitted.

Does the standard actuator fit? If not what do you need to fit the turbo?

Regards,

Ramon

Marci GTi-R

Well more capacity isn´t always the best I think.

The s in gt28rs stands for flow capacity. And this turbo does it the best I am told.

What to do with the actuator? That´s all I wanna know really!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Regards and respect,

Ramon

Marci GTi-R

86. a/r version but that makes no difference wright. This is fitted with flexible hoses.

The place of the actuator is wrong because it´s on the side of the engine block. No way you can fit it then.

Maybe there is some kind of sr20det actuator version? Or some other solution you know off.

Regards,

Ramon

Marci GTi-R

This is the one as you all will know

Tell me where and how to fit the actuator? There´s a limit to the range of fitting ain´t it.

MORF114

actuator sits on the engine block side i think you have to mod the actuator bracket unless you get one direct for gtir as the one most places supply are pretty useless. 86.ar will make a difference but compared to what?

Rage

There are many versions of the "gt28rs", but I think he is thinking about the gt2840rs, that is a dual ballbearing turbo that can run about 350hp.

Great replacement for the standard turbo on the gti-r, will spool noticeable faster than the standard one ;)

azboy

a gt28 rs u can get very good power out of them depending on versions ie 86 housing and t 3 flanged but need a spacer to fit manifold with thi,s u could see if pushed 430 bhp with mild cams, my m8 had this set up and got 427 bhp

Keira

a true garrett gt28rs aka discopotatoe is a 350bhp fast spooling turbo,

theres the comp map for it, the 60mm wheel will never flow enough air for over 400bhp regardless of what flange its on, the wheels aren't bigger enough.

my guess is your mate had something closer to a 2871,