GT3017R-WG Comments please...

Keira

from what i gather its a direct fit, no messing around 3037 equivalent from garret without the HKS price tag :wink:

According to alan it was hitting full boost at 4000rpm and pulls like crazy from there on.

Can confirm that it looks like its going to spool up superfast for the size of compressor after many sessions of blowing into the inlet and watching it spin with just lung power :wink:

GINGA

I've also got this turbo in the .64ar version it spools real quick full boost (20si)by 4k rpm and holds boost all the way to the redline, its not quite a direct fit though needing a modified oil return if you bought it from atp turbo insted of Allen you would also need to setup the turbo housings and make up a new actuator bracket and probably get a smaller actuator aswell which could be ackward to do :( all this comes already done if you bought it off allen (apart from the oil return)
If you were to buy this turbo you'd be best off going for the larger 0.84ar(or is it 0.86) one as the 0.64 one suffers from compressor surge quite badly when on part throttle which is really annoying to say the least :(
the larger version is supposed to not have this problem due to better balanced housings.

Sweeny

:D Cheers fellas. Just what i wanted to hear :wink: .

Do you know if it will handle 2Bar, and a rough estimate on the torque & ponies it can push??

ashills

turbo will take 2 bar
they recon it was making 470bp at 1.7bar not sure on torque tbh
i can vouch i ran the turbo at 1.6 bar and it was very very good making rougly 450-460bhp at a rough guess