gt3071r install

low612

OK i have a problem . Everything with this 3071r seem to bolt up fine with exception of wastegate. Cant seem to get wastegate to clear block. Now i got the turbo from atp, purchased there 7psi actuator and aluminum universal bracket..wont work. So i removed actuaotr from my ole t-28 seem to fit better but still wouldnt clear block. So now i plan to go back down to atp friday morning and see if they have another bracket or actuator that may fit better. I know i may have to custom make one but i didnt want to make one if didnt have to, especially at 2am in the morning. Or does anyone know where i can get a bracket specific for gti-r in the states quickly?

Fazz

Hi, I bought the same one - presume you are talking the 3071R internal wastegate.
I too got their actuator and bracket which was about a useful as a slice of bread.

Had to custom weld and adjust the bracket to mount the actuator.
Also, their actuator wasn't worth much more than a slice of bread again, and was a bendy rod type which was never going to work, so I had to get a HKS Actuator suited to a skyline to fit.

All works perfect now, but yes it was a b`1tch.

Que Ashills with " you should have bought one of our kits....." :thumbsup: :lol:

Final note, make sure you have the wastegate set as closed when mounting up the actuator and turbo. IF not, you won't build boost and you will have to take the whole thing down again unless you have a tubular manifold that allows better access once mounted.

Good luck. (It'll be worth it) 8)

Fusion Ed

They do if you buy from me :p. Its a bit of fiddling but yes, lots of people have managed to make their own.