GT3071R/WG Question

N

Ninj-r

I want to get a GT3071 but there are 2 types the R which need an external wastegate and a WG which has an internal wastgate.

Because I cannot be bothered with trying to get a manifold & so on & just want to plumb the f*cker in & go I was gonna get the WG. Is this OK or is it w4nk?

I have worked out I need a .63 A/R for the exhaust and a 2 3/4 inlet, is there another A/R thing I need to know about & if so what is it.

Cheers

N

Ninj-r

Dooie Pop Pop said:
you know these answers already mate i posted em to you :wink:

internals fine..well it works for me :wink:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers mate exactly what I wanted to hear will get one on Monday.

I asked (again) beacuse I phoned TD & said what I wanted & we got talking & I got confused (it's easy sometimes :oops: ).

Dooie Pop Pop

what exhaust are you using? if your using a 3inch turbo back it might be a good idea to get the wastegate hole ported before td send it to you.
the .64 does help spoolup lots over the .86 but it can have problems coping with a free flowing system with the wg hole being too small.

td did mine so they' ll put you on the right road :wink:

N

Ninj-r

Dooie Pop Pop said:
what exhaust are you using? if your using a 3inch turbo back it might be a good idea to get the wastegate hole ported before td send it to you.
the .64 does help spoolup lots over the .86 but it can have problems coping with a free flowing system with the wg hole being too small.

td did mine so they' ll put you on the right road :wink:
Got a mongoose exhaust - including decat :)