gt3076r turbo, and fitting (urgent)

gtirtrack

right im goin to pick up my pulsar on saturday and the bloke who im buyin it off has a 3076r turbo with external wastegate, all piping etc to fit it and has offered it to me all in for 600quid. im tempted by this but just wanna check it will all go on and work et. it has the t3 flange but has the adapter to make it bolt to my t25 flange so that shouldnt be a problem. i want to bolt it to the standard manifold, will this be ok. also is fitting the external wastegate easy, and how do u install a screamer pipe. i am a fabricator for a motorsport fabrication company so fabrication is not a problem. also im runnig greddy emanage so will this be ok to run this turbo. i will prob only run it at 1.4bar for around 430-450 bhp, if this sounds ok. also i hear i will need better ignition so the spark will not blow out. what do i go for, exactly wot do i need, where do i het it and how much is it. also will it be complicated to fit all this.
quick response needed so i can tell him ifi want it or not. cheers for any help.

Fazz

:der: oh my god how many questions??? :shock:

More importantly - have you seen teh search button up above??? :doh:

Anywho,

I'll start the ball rolling for ya...

If the turbo is new its a very good price with the ext gate.

it can fit but it will nto be easy.
There are many many parts needed to get your desired bhp - have you got a spec of the car or is it standard???
emanage will be fine for that turbo if mapped properly.
Screamer pipe is a pipe outlet going from the external wastegate it releases exhaust gases to control boost better and aid flow etc.
Effectively, its a pipe going off the ext eastegate for the expelled gases.

Ignition does vary for blow out... some have proven blow out when going above 1.6bar...
Anything below does seem to be alright...

The 3076 will bolt onto the standard mani no prob if it comes wiht correct flange, however an External Wastegate cannot be set up as the manifold needs to incorporate a 5th outlet to pipe the external gate, from which another pipe goes to atmosphere as screamer pipe.
You will need a 4branch manifold with external gate outlet.
Usually - lots of cash....
Not to mention to get the proper flow required to get power above 370bhp you will prob need to custom make a 3" turbo elbow and downpipe as this can be very restricting...

I'm assuming you have Z32 AFM, 700cc injectors, fuel pump, boost controller, exhaust, clutch, front mount, and a forged engine build to cope with that power.....

good luck man.

Last edited:

ashills

easiest way is weld the external waste gate to top of turbo manifold then buy a t2 to t3 converter off ebay that will sort the turbo fitment then youll need to make a 3" turbo elbow for the new turbo to link to the existing front pipe
emanage will be fine but u are limited to 800cc injectors at most
standard manifold wont be best for flow etc above 400 but lots are using them with no problems

ashills

as its a 4" inlet u will need a spacer plate to move manifold away from engine aswell but as your a fabricator that shouldnt be a problem

gtirtrack

turbo

right thanks for your help mate, firstly i did do the search first but there were so many different views that it just confused me more, plus it didnt have any views on fitting one, mostly just the spool up and power at different boost pressures lol.
right, basically i have everythign uu mentioned, forged bottom end, hks cams, etc etc, my spec is listed in the tuning section, under tuning my gtir (newbie), i literally just need to know if it will fit. you have answered most of the things i needed to know. fabrication as said is what i do for a living so not a problem. with the manifold can i not just modify the standard 1 to accept the ext wg.
he has all the bits he reckons he needs to get it to fit which r as follows.
GT3076R, 4" inlet, 2.5" compressor outlet, 4-bolt exhaust outlet, T3 flanged
Separate T3 flange for welding to your manifold

T3-T3 adaptor with 38mm external wastegate fitting
Separate 38mm wastegate flange for attaching to above
XS Power 38mm external wastegate with flanges/gaskets
4" to 3" SFS Performance silicone hose for intake (with jubilee)
2.5" to 3" SFS Performance silicone hose for compressor outlet (with jubilee)

Everything is brand new except for the turbo which is about 4000 miles old and in exceptional condition. I bought it very recently from ashills and he could be contacted for more specific details about the turbo.

To fit this to a Pulsar, you will need to modify your existing manifold (tubular recommended) with the T3 flange supplied. Once it was positioned, a turbo elbow for the exhaust would need to be fabricated. Not a major job for someone handy with a welder. Some 38mm tubing for remote-mounting the wastegate and routing the screamer pipe (or plumbing back into the exhaust) would need to be acquired.

so will this lot enable me to fit it, the only thingim not sure of is the manifold.
cheers for any help,

gtirtrack

sorry ashills i was writin that as u posted so your help was not aknowledged in my reply, thanks for your help, could u just look at th bits what i posted and tell me if that lots helps me lol. cheers

ashills

what i think id do is weld external straight to manifold and then use a compact t2 to t3 adapter flange otherwise the turbo may sit to low with all that stuff

gtirtrack

ok cheers mate, sounds pretty simple. just gotta decide a good place to fit the ext wg so as not to interupt the flow in the manifold, or will this not be to much of an issue. whats the problem with the turbo sitting to low then.cheers again

Fazz

as a side note, you may have another option.

The 4" inlet will be a bitch to fit due to geabox. Some fit a wedge or extra flange to move the manifold out a bit, a lot of messing tbh and not great...
IF you lik the challenge then fine, but a simple solution may be to get a replacement inlet compressor.

You should be able to get a 2.75" or 3" inlet and simply unbolt and bolt on new one. these are only about €120 so less than a ton for you...

www.atpturbo.com or in fact ashills may e able to help anyway...

Nice turbo lad, was thinking of getting one of those myself... settled for the 3071 for better spool and better suited to my needs...

Best of luck with it. and Welcome along to the OC

gtirtrack

ok cheers mate thanks for your help. i think once i get the bits in front of me i will be able to work it all out quite easily asi do this sort of thing formy job, its just i dont want to spend 600quid to find it wont fit, or it will cost me hundreds to get it to fit lol. i would have proabaly rather got the 3071 but for 600quid for this lot i cant really refuse lol, plus its different. and a bit of scope for bigger power in th future too. plus xternal wastegate and screamer pipe has gott be done lol. cheers again, may post again if i need help once it comes to fitting.