GTI-R turbo on S13 SR20DET ?

A

Anonymous

As the topic says.. ?

Does the original GTI-R turbo fit the S13 SR20DET ?

Thinking especially about the IC piping and any other possible complications. (I have a Hybrid FMIC on mine)

And when fitting a new turbo on some you have to use other oilpipes to adjust the amount of oil given to the turbo, do I have to do this in my case if fitting a GTI-R T28?

Thanks

Kjetil Riisnes

Keira

my mates used the tubby of his gtir to his s13.

have to spin the comressor housing and use the s13 dump pipe iirc, also have to bodge up a bracket for the actuator, he used the one off the s13 t25..Think he used the standard s13 lines to put it back on.

the t28 is a good improvement 8)

A

Anonymous

The turbo is now ready for mounting.

What we did was loosen the exhausthousing, and twisted it to fit the oil and water pipes, then we loosened the compressorhousing and aligned it accordingly to my old T25.

So far so good, now we just have to put it back on and turn up the boost :twisted:

K

kizzyturbo4x4

and i fitted it and its up running like never before :D
poor baby turbo users those s13 boys need transplants!

Keira

kizzyturbo4x4 said:
and i fitted it and its up running like never before :D
poor baby turbo users those s13 boys need transplants!
i'd never seen a turbo where the exhaust side is the same size as the compressor side... :lol:

A

Anonymous

From what I've heard to fit an S14 T28 onto an S13 you have to slot one of the bolt holes on the dump pipe BUT you don't do that for the GTiR T28, so I assume you have to for the S14 dump pipe.

I wish I had a T3/4 hybrid like I did on my last s13 instead of the dead t25 like the one on my current heap :cry:

cmng

Mean GTIR turbo is bolt on to S13
just need to rotate the housing to fit water line and oil line

then rotate the compressor shouing to fit the intake and outlet pipe
and redo the actuator pipe only la..

voila .. good one
thank for the info man