Gti-r V.s....

djdoc360

Any of you guys ever raced a ST205 celica GT4 or a MR2 SW20? Stock for stock who would win? GRIR VS GT4 VS MR2

B1Ad3

djdoc360 said:
Any of you guys ever raced a ST205 celica GT4 or a MR2 SW20? Stock for stock who would win? GRIR VS GT4 VS MR2
The r would win because the gt4 would break it gearbox as they are weak from factory and if the mr2 would not race because if anything break the whole engine has to be taken out to fix it.

R ftw

marcymarc

Depends on what scenario your talking about? , the gtir would win hands down in a straight line drag race out of the three cars, but i reckon the gt4 might handle just that tad bit better on the twisties and in the wet etc, mr2s are just gay so no comment :lol:

MORF114

gt4 gearbox's are alot stronger than gtirs and gti-r will win hands down no contest.

Although this isnt really a mr2 it still looks awesome .

Attachments

djdoc360

well a guy at my work place is talking mad crap. he said he could beat me hands down. i told him i beat GTR's, scoobies, evos, but he thinks me and my car is BS.

youngsyp

B1Ad3 said:
The r would win because the gt4 would break it gearbox as they are weak from factory and if the mr2 would not race because if anything break the whole engine has to be taken out to fix it.

R ftw
You clearly know nothing about those 2 cars then. :der:

The GT-Four's gearbox is very strong and will probably take upwards of 450 bhp, without breaking a sweat and the MR2 (and GT-Four) are both extremely reliable for the power they can make, certanly more so than the GTiR !

If your talking stock JDM v's stock JDM, they'd all be very much equal, due to very similar power to weight ratio's. The GTiR might just have the edge as, it makes full boost in 1st and 2nd gear where as the GT-Four and MR2 ?! have they're boost reduced in those 2 gears. However, the MR2 would have less transmission loss so, that would make up it's deficit in the power to weight stakes.

I reckon it would be pretty much a dead heat.

J

jpward

The GT4's well the twin light one mate had one big heavy brute think they are something like 1450kg was not as good at pinning you in the seat as the r was :lol:

The MR2's are good once they get going but handle crap due to most of the weight being at the rear have a tendency to flip quickly.

youngsyp

jpward said:
The GT4's well the twin light one mate had one big heavy brute think they are something like 1450kg was not as good at pinning you in the seat as the r was :lol:
He's refering to the Gen 3 ST205 which, in JDM form, weighed 1380 kg's.
It also had more power than the GTiR as stock, with 255 bhp and around 240 lb's/ft of torque. That gives it an identical figure for power to weight, to the GTiR of 186 bhp per tonne.

The ST185 was the heavy GT-Four, at around 1500 kg's iirc. :shock:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
My first thought is who cares.....

Second is the best driver....

Third is, sorry to pop your bubble but a Jap magazine video did some tests with professional drivers around 1995 so no Gti-R, the only thing that beat the MR2 turbo at the time was a 280hp sti. The vids are on the internet and show the MR2's qualification races plus the final. It significantly beat the GT4, RX7 and wasted an integra type R. I don't know what other cars were tested but the JDM market was limited to 280hp at the time so I imagine the Supra's and skylines were too heavy so also lost.

Next argument, yeh but if mine was at 1Bar..... :roll:

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

lol at jim:lol: :thumbsup:

ive been offered a race in my van, this guy down the pub reckons his van can beat mine around the twisties, but ive offered him a race of a different kind!!!!
as i think my van is probably one of the slowest in the uk, so if anyone wants to challenge me to a SLOW race then im up for it, i will be beat:lol: :lol: :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
campbellju said:
My first thought is who cares.....
I didn't even have second let alone third thoughts :der: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That same vid (was also a mag article) went through my mind as well but I couldn't be bother to say anything :lol:

Last edited:
B

Beachsleeper

pulsarboby said:
lol at jim:lol: :thumbsup:

ive been offered a race in my van, this guy down the pub reckons his van can beat mine around the twisties, but ive offered him a race of a different kind!!!!
as i think my van is probably one of the slowest in the uk, so if anyone wants to challenge me to a SLOW race then im up for it, i will be beat:lol: :lol: :lol:
I will race you. Van for van. I will leave glos at the same time as you leave for southend

"I bet, I win" not.

:doh:

djdoc360

So to sum it all up. If i was to race the st205 drag i would win be my car being quicker. But on the touge roads he should beat me. Well this guy isn't good touge and i am, so i know my GTI-R would win. Im guessing this guy only races straits. He told me that he wipped a twin turbo 2J Toyta Aristo and his friends are telling me that he is the faster of the AWD. I really don't care because i only a touge guy but there been bugging me for days about it now..