guess how long my clutch lasted

G

gavmc18

just got my car back on monday with a brand new ap racing paddle clutch in it now its wednesday nd i have done 60 miles and it has f**ked up

anyone know why this happened so soon not done any launches done some fast driving through the rest of the gears though thats all and now its gone

gav

G

gavmc18

must be a dodgy one cause the place i got it done does it all the time and have a very good rep up here

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There's been at least one other AP paddle clutch going the same way after a short time:? (can't remember who's it was tho)

antgtir

If its the clutch thats gone wrong then i would get the garage who fitted it to fit another and send the old one back to the manufacturer for inspection, of course getting your money back or the other clutch free in the process.

Doesn't sound write to me mate, someones to blame, just dont let them fob you off with you must have been racing or launching it sh1t grrrr.

Goodluck,

Ant. :wink:

G

gavmc18

well the guy at the garage who fitted it knows im not a hard driver so i doubt he will come out with that and he is willing to talk to the place i got it from just have to get the clutch out fully to inspect it further hopefully know fully in a couple of days

gav

chrisniss91

I had a helix organic and ity went about 200miles after fitment, but luckily the garage felt sorry for me and fitteed another free. :)

G

gavmc18

turned out it was a dodgey clutch the release bearing had exploded so the guy at the garage has been on the phone to the place i bought it from and there going to send out another one and pay to get it fitted so its not to bad

gav

A

Anonymous

gavmc18 said:
turned out it was a dodgey clutch the release bearing had exploded so the guy at the garage has been on the phone to the place i bought it from and there going to send out another one and pay to get it fitted so its not to bad

gav
top result then :D