H319 FRV does anybody know this car?

Hardy172cup

Hi.
im new here and I have been looking to buy a GTi-R for some time now.
Does anybody know this car: H319FRV
it would be nice if the owner was on here or if anybody knew this car because it is located around 270 miles from me and I don't want to be dissapointed if I travel all that way to fetch the car and it's not what I expected.

Thanks,
Bill.

grim_d

I don't know the car personally but it was owned by a member on the modifiers forum and is now owned by a mate of someone I work with now, it's just had a lot of welding and paintwork done so bodywork should be tip top. To the best of my knowledge it is mechanically sound.

I almost went and bought it myself.

Hardy172cup

Thanks for the input.
the car does look really clean and it's nice to know all the welding work has been done so the car should be sound for some years to come.
most of the cars I'm looking at are a long way from me so any info I can gather about the car will help to sway my decision. It's just not practical or economically feasible to go and look at every car in person, I'm just going to have to make up my mind from the pictures and sellers description and hope the car is what the seller says it is.

Cheers,
Bill.

grim_d

In my opinion it's a pretty nice car and keenly priced from the little i know about it. Best of luck with your search.

whytie

That is johns car and is a nice little motor. I'm sure the car is good mechanically also it's just a had a new clutch and I sold him a tight gearbox when he done the clutch. The car has some nice mods and it always ran stock boost when he had it.

Body work wise it's also pretty tidy also has my old wheels on it.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
its a well known car, owned by a few different members on here over the years, Paulo, Ricky Gtir, Garef. It was a lovely car last time I saw it but that was a few years ago, it was a car I always hankered after lol.

Im sure Martyn (vss irvine) put a new clutch in it recently - maybe you could ask him?

Hardy172cup

This R just looks better and better every time I look at the picture on the advert and from what you guys have told me it is a decent one.
i contacted the guy selling it a few days ago and I'm still waiting for him to get back to me so we will have to see what happens, hopefully soon I will be the proud owner of this car :)
I have also been in contact with Bob at GTI-R-US and he says he will have one for sale shortly, he says the car is standard appart from an aftermarket clutch. He will be sending me the details tomorrow so If it looks good I will have to decide which one is the car for me.
I know GTI-R-US have a great reputation so I'm looking forward to hearing the details tomorrow. I'm sure if Bob says the car is a great example then it will be exactly that.
looks like I'm going to have to make a tough decision shortly but either way I will soon be a proud owner of a nice R :D

Fire & skill

Vintage member
They are getting on a bit but are becoming quite rare, if this is a car you plan to keep and put your own mark on then trust me, pay good attention to the condition of the bodywork, especially the rear arches and underneath.

Hardy172cup

Looks like this car has been sold because the guy never responded to my questions and the listing has been removed.
maybe my offer was too low but I could of negotiated a better price if he had got back to me.
Oh well... My search for an R continues.
if I don't find a good one soon I will probebly end up buying an impreza... Boooooo! Lol

Hardy172cup

Haha I was joking about the impreza by the way :lol:

My budget is about £3K tops but I'm constantly trying to save more as time goes by so I'm going to hold on for a good one.

I have been offered one with really good spec, loads of decent mods for £3350 but I just can't quite stretch that far at the moment which is a shame because the car looks brilliant.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
If you can get a good one now then you're on to a winner, it's better spending a bit more on the right car than spending thousands later on a dog. Don't just jump in and buy one because its cheap, granted there are ones out there that are bargains but 9 times out of 10 if you buy cheap it will cost you more in the long run.

Just keep looking, the right one will appear! Took me 6 months to find my current R and tbh I was offered a better car (olliecasts) at the time but held out thinking that something better would turn up.

Happy R hunting btw!

Girl Racer

This guy didnt get back to me either, I was very interested in this too!

Looks like this car has been sold because the guy never responded to my questions and the listing has been removed.
maybe my offer was too low but I could of negotiated a better price if he had got back to me.
Oh well... My search for an R continues.
if I don't find a good one soon I will probebly end up buying an impreza... Boooooo! Lol

Hardy172cup

This guy didnt get back to me either, I was very interested in this too!
I realised a few weeks ago the guy did actually get back to me but the email whent into my spam folder :doh:
the car looked really nice aswell but I have found a red one now that looks to be a mint car, I've placed a deposit on it and should be collecting it soon :-D Can't wait!

grim_d

Where the hell did you manage to find a red one? I've been looking every day for weeks! Very jealous but enjoy! It's the best colour!