happy and pissed off at the same time

marcymarc

Hello everyone, how the devil are you

Picked my new R up yesterday and ive been happy as kid at crimbo , couldnt drive it that much when i got it home because it was my sisters 21st and had to go out for that.

Anyway, got up this afternoon and went straight out in the R doing my erands,
the car had been fine all day, id been giving it some stick but nothing to ridiculous tbh,

Soo goes to pick my pal up to take him to the boozer about 6ish ,i come out of the junction at the end of his road , went through the gears to 4th then all power just died (i felt a right n*b), i slowed right down and everything semt ok for about 30seconds:lol: then the car wouldnt boost in any gear what so ever ,as soon as it hits the turbo it just misfires/pops/holdsback.

Im gutted to say the least, but still managing to keep my chin up and still smiling :thumbsup:

I wish it could of just happened tommorow or monday as im having another operation on my knee tuesday so gonna be laid up for a while :(
was hoping to really enjoy my self over this long weekend. awwwwwwwww poor me :lol:

Anyway , ill give it a good clean tommorow and get some pics up in the members R section. :thumbsup:

EVOBAD

when i said has it blown up yet i must hav given u bad luck fell,cxheck coils,plugs,ditributor ,leads they are your problem

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check you haven't blown a boost hose off. Check all the big rubber hoses by sight and by touch, that's the common cause for loss of power like that.

C

CHRIS_2010

i had that problem.... my turbo exh housing was cracked around where the waste-gate shuts.

P

pulsarboby

gotta agree with fast guy on this one, i reckon youve blown an intercooler hose, nothing more than that!

marcymarc

pulsarboby said:
gotta agree with fast guy on this one, i reckon youve blown an intercooler hose, nothing more than that!

I really hope so mate, gonna try and get to the bottom of it tommorow, i might get to have my bank holiday fun after all :lol:

marcymarc

EVOBAD said:
when i said has it blown up yet i must hav given u bad luck fell,cxheck coils,plugs,ditributor ,leads they are your problem

Its your fault the car is poorly , never mind giving advice :lol: (only messin)

EVOBAD

well hopfully its not serious mate :thumbsup: well u got somthing to do now over bank hoilday instead of sitting on your **** watching tv:lol: :lol: :lol:

MORF114

definately a intercooler hose i use to do it quite often and sounds just like you said.

You feel like a tit because you cant drive it faster than a 1 litre micra driven by a 90yr old blind person.

marcymarc

MORF114 said:
definately a intercooler hose i use to do it quite often and sounds just like you said.

You feel like a tit because you cant drive it faster than a 1 litre micra driven by a 90yr old blind person.
:lol: thats a good way of putting it mate :thumbsup:

stuarty

same kinda thing happened to me just one of the hoses to the dump valve had blown off the car would barely move.....at the time it felt like something much worse.....

marcymarc

Fast Guy said:
Check you haven't blown a boost hose off. Check all the big rubber hoses by sight and by touch, that's the common cause for loss of power like that.

Just had a good look under the bonnet and everything seems to be ok , all hoses seem attached etc , cant understand it :(

Anyother ideas matee

marcymarc

My mate also had a look earlier tonight and couldnt seem to find the problem,

but.......... what ever he touched while he was messing about cured the problem for about a minute or two when i came to drive the car , then just went back to doing the same.

Arggghhh

MORF114

make one of the pressure testers in the how to section and check for a leak so you can rule it out for definate.

marcymarc

MORF114 said:
make one of the pressure testers in the how to section and check for a leak so you can rule it out for definate.

Thanks mate , appreciate you putting me in the right direction :thumbsup:

marcymarc

Still no further , cant understand it , someone i know has said it could be the fuel pump , but i cant see it being that .

Oh Fooook!!!!!! :(

Looks like im gonna have to get booked in at John noble.

A

a11ova

Sounds stupid but have done things like check the fuel filter for blockages etc. Could be a loose wire to the coil maybe. It aint the DET sensor, thats almost certain. Cant go wrong with nobles tho, thats who look after my car. Darren is top operator of the rr