has anybody rebuilt their turbo themselves?

gtir bean

has anyone done this with one of the kits you can buy with new seals etc?i cant see how it can be that hard myself:? just want to see if anybody has had experiance doing this.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
MarkTurbo said:
Dont they have to be balanced at 100,000 rpm or something like that after a rebuild ;-)
Yes, and not many people have the balancer at home:p, so it still needs to go off to be balanced. Might as well get them to do the whole job;-)

gtir bean

if you marked it so the turbine and impeller went back on it the same position they came off it should be ballanced still in theory would it not?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yes in theory, but that's assuming it was in balance to start with, which it may or may not be.:?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
NO NO NO!!!.... What did we say about taking the cheap option...

Call Craig at Turbo Dynamics - 01202487497

Day 1 - Send
Day 2 - Fix/Rebuild
Day 3 - Return

It will only cost you £300 and he will fit it up with a 360deg washer so it becomes a Hybrid T28...

Rishi

youngsyp

RishiGTiR said:
It will only cost you £300 and he will fit it up with a 360deg washer so it becomes a Hybrid T28...

Rishi
Do you have any idea what they would charge to rebuild the T28 with a roller/ball bearing core ?

Cheers

Paul

Rishi

Nope... But in the time you wasted waiting for me to reply you could have called them.... :lol:

Its just a 1min call mate... They don't bite.... ;-)

Rishi

J

jpward

Can you uprate anything else on the standard T28 apart from the 360's like the pitch off the turbines or is that gona mess up the flow map??

Sorry i dont know all that "AR" stuff and where it falls in each tubby :oops:

Rishi

When you start arsing about with the turbo that much then you are better getting a new one...

If you are really keen on the T28 then think about using a roller bearing core and maybe a 71mm or 76mm at most compressor wheel...

Call TD or Ashills for cost or buy one new from the USA

Rishi