have a look at this beast!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
That's Ivans car.

It should be a capable of doing better than 11.4, but I think he only took it up the strip the once to get an idea of what it would do.

CanadianR

There's alot of speculation on the oz forum around the person who has it up on ebay is trying to get more than they paid for it when Ivan sold it.

I haven't met Ivan or the original seller but the car sure looks good!

CanadianR

Fast Guy said:
Ivan built the car, so he would have been the origional seller.
correct. What I learned from the other forum was that Ivan sold the car. Now the person who bought it from him is trying to make a profit from the price he bought it for after changing nothing. By the conversation on the gtiroz site, quite a bit higher profit as well.

Radleigh

DRIVETRAIN:NISSAN ATTESSA AWD,OS GIKEN TWIN PLATE CERA-METALIC CLUTCH WITH LIGHTENED OS GIKEN FLYWHEEL(R2C)-STRONGEST NISSAN GEARBOX HOUSING

Whats a Nissan Attessa?? Whats the gearbox casing from Oz car?, or am I mis-understood?

noriek2003

the attessa system is the name given to the gtir drive system

some people have this idea in thier head that there was a stronger case on some of the later cars.

as far as im concerned its bollox, some have different size bolts, some have a slightly different shape to the base of the casing where it bolts up to the bell housing, some have a slightly different casting just up by the point where the front gearbox mount fits but none of them are any thicker or stonger at the point where they break. The last box simon destroyed, was i believe the stronger one (would have to check my piccies)

in saying all that, i have another one of the 'stronger cases' if anyone wants to buy it :lol:

GTIR-LOZ

i thought attessa was only for skylines as it splits the power to 4 wheel drive only if its needed whereas we have a permanant 4 wheel drive

noriek2003

we have a mechanical version which allows the split to alter through the diffs. You will be awd at all times, we just have a variable split front to rear. The skylines have an electronically controlled version which is why they can buy a box of tricks which makes them rwd and then be able to do burnouts

stumo

noriek2003 said:
The skylines have an electronically controlled version which is why they can buy a box of tricks which makes them rwd and then be able to do burnouts

don't they just remove a fuse?

J

jpward

GTIR-LOZ said:
i thought attessa was only for skylines as it splits the power to 4 wheel drive only if its needed whereas we have a permanant 4 wheel drive
Actually Attesa system in skylines is called Attesa-ETS as all skyline versions are electronic and V-spec motors has Attesa-Pro which is faster acting
This works by the car being rwd until a % of slip (ie rear wheels rotate more than fronts) then some sort of a pump makes the center diff produce up to 50/50 torque.

Similar idea on the R only we dont have electronics just viscous diff to do the job and actually people dont realise that the Attesa (Advanced total traction engineering system for all-terrain) started out on the humble bluebird!

Regarding this add, the guy is just using it like people would use Quattro or 4motion to make the point of it can stick to road being advanced 4wd its not some expensive aftermarket box!

;-)