Having runnning problems

B

BabyBhp

me n my pops just bolted on a T67 on our gtir and wenever we let go of gas loads of white smoke comes out and sometimes very little on acceleration. We no it cant b the turbo bcoz thats what we thought it was in the begginin, we thought the seals may have gone so we sent the turbo of for a full rebuild and got 360 thrust bearings in it. before we had had this turbo we had a t28 on and we n ever had any problems at all. we are having thoughts that the wastegate may not be setup properly bcoz we cannot hear it at all. other than that we cant think of anything else.
so we would appreciate any help at all
thanks
Yasir
moved to problem..zia

GINGA

I'd take the turbo back to the person you bought it off, I've heard he's a bit dodgy :wink: :shock: :lol:

B

BabyBhp

lol that woulld b like givin him back a brand new turbo bak, now that its fully rebuilt :shock:

A

antilag

well i think we can rule the tubo out now i suffested valve stem seals or head gasket anyone wanna shine sum light on the situation?????

E

Edd

I think running 1.4 bar on a big turbo and a non-mapped engine is not the best of ideas :shock: :lol:

i'd suggest looking at internal problems :eek:

GINGA

Edd said:
I think running 1.4 bar on a big turbo and a non-mapped engine is not the best of ideas :shock: :lol:

Oh dear time for a compression test :!:

zia

i would have thought this wouldn,t be internal problem as it only on lift off!!! was there any oil in dump pipe when you took it off? where is the breather pipe going to from the the sump back to inlet or atmos? remove the plugs when you have driven it and get it to occur continously on the road side check for oil contamination on the plugs!! it,s deffo blue or white? any water leaks? did they check for crack on center turbo bearing housing? another would be to fit the old setup again to deffo rule out engine!! :cry: good luck mate

zia

AshBhp

Edd said:

No, 1 bar for now :)

A

antilag

woohoo im in the clear :D glad its fixed now fucking map it u bi.tch lol i'll b on the road b4 u i recon lol i mean at pod :wink: