heat soak

gtir bean

the last while when its a hot day my r feels pretty cray unless im driving on country roads etc due to the heat.it realy makes me want a frontmount :( .i have an evo 6 cooler but no pipework ane have other more important things to get before i do that.its a pitty that the r never came with a front mount cooler.

ram5ay

My motor was exactly the same, used to bug me stupid especially when id been driving in town and wanted to give er a wee blast. It was allways hesitating just as it came onto boost, and felt really slow compared to a crisp night on an open country road.
Fitted a frontmount over Xmas, and even though I'm still running low boost(0.8 bar) to prolong the last legs of my clutch, it feels a world better. Must admit it has a just noticable bit of lag compared to the short piperun on the standard cooler, but its worth it for the overall drivability, especially in the hot weather.
I'd recommend getting that evo cooler fitted as soon as, and try and make the pipe run as short as poss. You will never look back. :wink: