heeeeelp, wont fire

Dooie Pop Pop

Engines back in but the poxy thing wont start :cry: iv taken a plug out and earthed it to the manifold and there' s no spark :?

checked all connections and all seem fine, fault code check comes up 55 and my immobiliser seems to be turning off fine (it allows engine to turn) checked the ignition fuses listed in the fusebox diagram...no joy :(

the engines not been fired in over a month but i cant see how it would stop it from firing :?

iv got an emanage piggyback if that makes any difference.

Santa Pod is only a few days away and im kinda desperate (more than usual) any useful suggestions?

cheers, Stu

O

Odin

Dooie Pop Pop said:
any useful suggestions?

NOPE :wink:

It will be something simple :wink: you must have a conection wrong or you haven't earthed something properly, I had the same problem with mine went through everything and found an earth off.

Must be something to do with the ecu or coil wireing.

Or not lol
. :lol: :lol: :lol:

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

right earthwise you have the starter, the one under the expansion tank, the gb plug on spade one and the battery earth.

are there any others that get taken off when you remove the engine?

another Q :roll: does the vacuum hose from the fpr go to the petrol fume canister thingy or to the 3 way connector that runs to the little black box on the wing?

zia

should be earth coming from tps wiring loom connect's to plenum bracket. unplug the ign amp and make sure you havent moved it from it's fixing plate? check connection ign amp and dizzy connection's. are the inj spraying?. i think mark turbo had problem like this when he kept removing the engine.

zia

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Can you hear the fuel pump priming when you turn the ignition on?

If not check the ecu relay.

Check the obvious, ie all you electrical plugs are connected in the engine bay.

Failing that it could be a component like the ignition amplifier etc. Try a fault code check.

Mr GTiR

Fast Guy said:
Check the obvious, ie all you electrical plugs are connected in the engine bay
I had a very simular problem when my engine was put back in. Around the gear box is a plug and this can some times get mixed up with the one on the ign amp and this will stop the engine from firing if they are mixed up.

It's a common plug to get wrong as all the other will only fit in one location.

Dooie Pop Pop

Mr GTiR said:
Fast Guy said:
Check the obvious, ie all you electrical plugs are connected in the engine bay
I had a very simular problem when my engine was put back in. Around the gear box is a plug and this can some times get mixed up with the one on the ign amp and this will stop the engine from firing if they are mixed up.

you are the man Andy :wink: just after i posted this thread i took one last look (mucho head scratching going on) i thought all the plugs were different till i noticed those two..swopped em over and hey presto! started first turn! :D :D :D

can someone please have a look and tell me if iv connected that vacuum pipe right :wink: its the one off the fuel pressure regulator...where' s it go? :lol:

Mr GTiR

Dooie Pop Pop said:
you are the man Andy :wink: just after i posted this thread i took one last look (mucho head scratching going on) i thought all the plugs were different till i noticed those two..swopped em over and hey presto! started first turn! :D :D :D
LOL the amount of people who have fallen for this including myself :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop said:
can someone please have a look and tell me if iv connected that vacuum pipe right :wink: its the one off the fuel pressure regulator...where' s it go? :lol:
The one off the fuel pres reg on mine goes into a 3 way connector.

Mr GTiR

I'm not sure Stu, i'll check tonight when i get home.

also, check your pm's and i've deleted the thread as requested :wink:

O

Odin

Mr GTiR said:

Was thinking about and was going to say the same thing lol, But you beat me to it lol :wink: .

rob