Help anyone??!!

gtirjaymz

Hi guys n gals,
Recently i have put a new engine in my sar8) . I had everything ready and installed so i started the engine. Then loads of oil came out of a pipe from the front of the engine next to alternator and turbo.:doh: :evil: I think the pipe goes to the turbo.
Somebody else fitted this pipe and i dont think it is on flush, thus causing the oil to leak. Do you no if there are any common problems with these pipes breaking? Also how can i get at it easily without taking everything apart? My intercooler is the standard top mount. i have tried removing the air con pump and also the alternator but with no luck. :evil: Can anyone out there give me advice on this problem or tell me how to sort it in the easiest way?
Cheers peeps :thumbsup:
Jim.

O

Odin

It sounds like someone has ether not done up the oil pipe that supply's oil to the turbo, That or they cross threaded it into the block in which case you're are truly screwed chap.

Their is only one way to find out and that is to see if it will do up some more, But I'd try undoing it first and if it wont do up with just your fingers then it could of been cross threaded.

Rob

P

pulsarboby

when you say pipe, do you mean the dipstick tube? as thats the only pipe there!

or as odin has said above:-D

djdoc360

there should be 2 washers..1 in the front of the bonjo bolt(the bolt that connect the oil feed line from the block to the turbo) and 1 in the back... same thing happend to me when i took my turbo off and put it back on.

gtirjaymz

yep, ther are two copper washers on the bonjo bolt thing lol.

its near the dipstick tube, jus above n to the right under exhaust manifold cover.

odin i realise this but how do i get at it properly? I can get a small strawberry spanner on it but it doesnt give me enough leveridge to undo the bolt...:evil: i jus cant f**kin move it!!:twisted:

cheers.

rossdj1983

as odin says your in sh1t street if its cross threaded- happened to me, had to take the block out to make sure there was no swarf inside the block when i re-tapped it, get the bolt out though first, hopefully its just a bit of crap on the washer or a split pipe, its no fun if you gotta cross thread belive me

gtirjaymz

i dont wana here about crossed threads jus yet. i bin waitin to get my sar sorted for 2 years!! now this happens!:cry: can some1 pls give me some advice on how to get to the bonjo bolt more easily??? :cry:

gtir bean

i was able to get mine with a normal sized 17mm spanner.it shouldnt need to be all that tight.i hate it when you go to do something on a car and someone previous has put something just that wee bit tighter than tight.